At SpaceWorks Enterprises, we specialize in next-generation high-speed flight systems, human and robotic spacecraft, as well as entry, descent, & landing technologies. Our core competencies include conducting preliminary design of aerospace concepts, performing detailed multidisciplinary engineering analysis, developing commercial aerospace software, prototyping spacecraft hardware components, and conducting market and economic research within the aerospace industry. We serve clients from the Department of Defense, NASA, and the commercial sector.
Currently, we are seeking a Technical Writer / Editor on a contract / part time hourly basis. The position is located remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in Atlanta. GA.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
As a Technical Writer / Editor, you will play a key role in creating clear, engaging, and accurate technical content that educates and informs our audience. You will collaborate with our team to produce high-quality reports, proposals, documentation, articles, and other forms of technical content.
- Write and review technical content to ensure it is cohesive and communicates the key idea clearly and effectively.
- Verify requirements and format for proposals and final reports against provided solicitations.
- Edit for content and flow, reviewing structure for clarity and accuracy, checking for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Develop and provide our engineers with editing/writing training resources such as quality assurance checklists, document templates, etc.
- Suggest graphics, illustrations, and charts to better illustrate written concepts as appropriate and work with our Studios team to render the images.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Show us evidence of exceptional communication skills (ideally on technical topics) - this is the primary skill we're looking for in this role.
- Background or understanding of engineering field, ideally related to Aerospace
- Prior experience with small organizations and/or federal contractors
- Willingness to learn new technical concepts
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen and eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the requirements above. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Check out our website to learn more about us and apply so that we can learn more about you! https://www.spaceworks.aero/
SEI Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.