Blue Star is gearing up for the year 2020!
We are currently looking for Project Managers interested in contract and direct hire work. Our clients are located all over the world and allow consultants to work onsite and in some cases from home. We specialize in placing the right consultants with the right client. Whether you’re looking to relocate, work from home, or searching for long or short-term job placement, we have the connections to get you there. Come join our team!
Duration: Year 2020
Rate: $125/hr -1099 Basis
- The role of Project Manager is to plan, execute, evaluate and deliver multiple projects using client's project management methodology.
- The Project Manager works with IT, applications and/or Business teams to refine scope of projects and ensure that the appropriate resources are assigned to plan, assess, develop, manage and mitigate project risks.
- The Project Manager follows the established project management methodology for Governance and uses project management best practice to plan, execute and deliver projects.
- The Project Manager continually evaluates project progress and periodically reports project status to all the Stakeholders, Sponsors, Steering team, Project team and Leadership.
- Responsible for delivery of assigned project per approved schedule and budget.
- Facilitates requirement gathering and plans project life-cycle deployment. Builds and leads project team effectively.
- Plans resources, budget and schedules effectively, for each stage of the project.
- Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Identifies, documents and owns project issues ensuring they are appropriately resolved.
- Evaluates project progress continually, ensuring project is on track with schedule, budget and scope. Monitors time reporting by project team members on a timely basis
- Provides updates to Sponsors, Steering team, project teams and resource managers per project communication plan
- Communicates roles and responsibilities of the project team members effectively
- Collaborates with finance team for planning and tracking project capital and expense
QUALIFICATIONS: Education/experience Requirements:
- BS/BA Computer Science or equivalent related field of study
- PMP Certification preferred
- 5-8 years of Global IT Project Management experience
- Specialized skills/technical knowledge:
- Solid experience using waterfall project management methodologies
- Experienced in managing multiple projects
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Sound knowledge of facilitating business requirements in both application and infrastructure projects
- Strong experience with at least one Project planning tool
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $125.00 /hour
- Related: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)