Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
1. Promotes and accomplishes sales objectives through proper merchandising techniques and associate training. Helps store operations efficiently meet changing customer demands and company business plans. Promotes cooperative cross merchandizing between departments and be aware of seasonal merchandizing opportunities. Achieves or exceed operational budget for sales, labor, and productivity goals.
2. Controls store expenses such as shrink, labor, utilities, etc for departments and total store. Walks departments and store to identify problem areas and be aware of store morale and performance. Maintains knowledge of department activities and services.
3. Promotes effective two-way communications with customers and store associates. Focuses on continuously improving programs and methods to develop high customer satisfaction, positively motivate staff morale and teamwork. Ensures customer special orders are delivered and complete in timely fashion. Empowers associates to handle customer complaints properly and professionally. Conducts timely store meetings to discuss goals, accomplishments and changes.
4. Responsible for all facets of store operations, conditions and appearance. Ensures the proper use and maintenance of physical facilities and equipment, manages stock/inventory levels and controls how company assets are utilized. Promotes awareness of asset protection and security issues to protect company assets.
5. Keeps aware of and complies with federal, state and local laws and regulations governing store operation. Keeps department managers and others knowledgeable of legal requirements. Promotes diversity and equal opportunity environment. Acts as spokesperson on community issues and enhances community relations by involving store in community events and organizations.
6. Directs and maintains company safety, fire and sanitation programs to ensure safety and well being of customers and associates. Ensures store and equipment are clean and well maintained. Also ensures merchandise and product freshness and quality. Communicates safety information, investigates complaints and performs physical inspections to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations, sanitation requirements and other company standards.
7. Remains in contact with superiors to inform of progress and receive additional directives or information. Cooperates with superiors to strategize promotional events or activities. Informs upper level management of competitor activity. Effectively project and execute succession plans to ensure sufficient bench strength to meet current and future staffing needs. Actively recruit, interview and hire associates to maintain proper staffing levels.
8. Supports and executes all company programs to achieve profit objectives, ensures that company policies are communicated to and understood by associates, vendors and suppliers. Monitors for compliance. Promotes effective vendor relations and follows through with problems.
9. Provides leadership through example of effective performance and by maintaining a neat and well groomed appearance, ensuring associates do the same. Sets standards to provide positive, safe and exciting work environment.
10. Conducts performance appraisals. When work performance falters, is responsible for counseling, training or retraining and if necessary administering appropriate discipline, consistent with company standards. Also provides positive feedback and performance recognition as appropriate.
11. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
12. Other related activities as instructed by superiors.
Education and Experience
Minimum requirement of a high school education or GED with 4 years experience in supermarket industry. College degree in business or related field desirable.
Knowledge and Skills
Strong understanding of all phases of store operations in a retail environment. Must possess excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, leadership and delegation skills. Must have ability to calculate discounts, gross margins, markups, percentages and volume. Advanced analytical skills to interpret reports. Working knowledge of computers required. Ability to multi-task and be attentive to detail.
Standing and walking for extended periods of time
Communication (both verbal & written)
Tolerance for stress
Lifting and carrying (over 50lbs)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year