The Service Desk Analyst is specific to the Service Desk Function at Client through the IT Help Desk. The Service Desk Analyst role is to ensure resolution, reporting and triage for the Information Technology Division in regards to all IT problems and requests. This position provides on-call rotation support 24x7x365 along with onsite departmental coverage during both core and non-core hours including nights, weekends and holidays as deemed necessary by Management.
- Logs all relevant incident/request details, allocating categorization and prioritization codes, documenting successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Provides first line investigation and diagnosis.
- Communicates with users; keeping users informed of incident progress, notifying them of upcoming changes or outages.
- Resolves incidents and/or requests in regards to desktop and laptop PCs, printers, scanners, operating systems, 100 + mainframe, web and LAN applications, network issues, remote connectivity, handheld palm and blackberry computing, VPN home support, wireless issues and security access problems.
- Installs and configures standard software, PC updates and needed PC drivers remotely.
- Keeps abreast of all software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Works closely with all IT areas (ex: Security, Network, Systems, Application Development) along with Subsidiary Business partners at Lifetime Care, Lifetime Health Medical Group and Med America.
- Keeps management and peers informed of real time issues and/or problems and completes tasks in a timely manner as per the IT service level agreements.
- Heavily involved in potential and confirmed Virus attacks to corporate computers.
- Provides direction and oversees Intern/Contract/Temp help as needed.
- Prepares and maintains clearly written documentation (of processes) for use by Help Desk, other support departments, and end users.
- Leads smaller size projects as directed by Management.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field (or two additional years related work experience in lieu of degree).
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Must have experience in, Active Directory, Lotus Notes, Print Servers, Microsoft Office Professional, Dial-In Protocol, Citrix, VPN, Internet, Intranet, mobile computing, Security, and mainframe technologies.
- A+ Certification or Microsoft Certified IT Professional, Windows 7/8/10 Certified, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on rapport building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills both technical and non-technical.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct independent research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience working in a team oriented collaborative environment.
- This job requires shift work to ensure appropriate operations of the Health Plan computing environment 24x7x365.
- Must possess the ability to sit for long periods and view information on computer monitor.
- Willingness to provide on-call 24x7x365 support, some weekend work.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $16.00 to $18.50 /hour
- Supporting Active Directory, Lotus Notes, Print Servers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Supporting Windows 7/8/10: 1 year (Preferred)
- Rochester, NY 14604 (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)