The Office Associate is responsible for organizing and implementing multiple administrative and office projects simultaneously and operating with excellent organization and flexibility.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide phone coverage and return general messages within a timely manner.
- Prepare memos and other documents regarding events, special projects, building maintenance and other areas as requested.
- Manage supply ordering using MCCA protocol.
- Attend meetings, take minutes, give to Center Director for approval and distribute accordingly.
- Maintain computers, printers, faxes, copiers and other office equipment and arrange for service if necessary.
- Pick up mail at main office periodically and as requested.
- Track and replenish Center Forms.
- Schedule a variety of meetings, events, tours and various other activities as requested.
- Coordinate field trips, buses and print checklists to track children, and distribute to appropriate staff.
- Make arrangements for furniture and additional items for various events as needed.
- Update calendar of events, and post in appropriate space(s). Ensure all documents concerning center events such as notices and fliers are visible and posted.
- Ensure that the parent information board is current with up-to-date menus and other information.
- Make arrangements to provide food for staff meetings, Parent Council meetings and other events as requested.
- Assist the Director with planning special events at the Center including food drives and fundraising activities.
- Update and distribute attendance sheets.
- Maintain children’s records according to licensing, accreditation and agency expectations and update forms as needed.
- Collect and track monthly child attendance and food program forms.
- Distribute menus to families and staff, and post them in designated areas.
- Provide needed communication to center vendors regarding daily needs such as lunch service, facility reports etc.
- Update email distribution lists as families join/leave the center or children change classrooms.
- Make copies and fax documents as requested.
- Maintain an organized professional office environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience):
- Possess a High School diploma; an Associate’s degree in administration is a plus.
- Minimum two years of direct office administrative experience.
- Prior experience with multi-line phone systems.
- Possess a reliable form of transportation that is readily accessible for use when running errands related to the day-to-day operations of the center.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and strong typing skills.
- Prior experience in the child care industry is a plus.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Ability to professionally interact with MCCA colleagues, families, vendors and stakeholders by demonstrating the use of good judgment, positive welcoming demeanor, and maintaining appropriate and respectful communications.
- Respectful of culture, language and diversity.
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, effective manner.
- Proficient with computer, printers, faxes, copiers and other office equipment.
- Efficient in establishing priorities and managing workload while taking initiative.
- Ability to be flexible, resourceful, and accurate in a fast-paced environment.
- Team oriented and has a willingness to assist where/when needed.
- Ability to develop and maintain files in accordance with MCCA policy and licensing, and ensure confidentiality specifically with family and Center related information.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to provide and accept feedback for professional growth.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to demonstrate these skills in both face-to-face and electronic formats including, but not limited to telephone and email systems.
Job Type: Full-time
- Office Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)