Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate? Do you look to ensure the highest quality product is delivered? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– Be part of the global client connectivity team that works together to arrive at architectural decisions in solving challenging problems.
– Define and execute test scenarios based on business requirements.
– Help to shape, define and plan projects from to ensure delivery time and quality.
– Improve and extend existing testing framework to deliver efficiencies & productivity improvements via test automation.
– Be a key driver in helping the team transform its delivery eco-system to embrace a DevOps ethos to move towards continuous integration and continuous delivery.
– Work closely with analysts, developers and business stakeholders across the globe.
– Work on a broad range of projects such as latency optimizations, client requests, large in-house deliveries, regulatory items and initiatives that improve the product from a functional and non-functional perspective.
You’ll be working in the Client Connectivity team in Stamford. Our role is to provide a market leading client connectivity solution for our clients in terms of functionality and performance. We do this by working with our business partners to enhance the functionality our solutions provide and with other internal partners to improve performance, reliability and ensure we are keeping to the demands of market regulations.
Some of the skills and experience we are looking for:
– At least 5 years of professional experience.
– Experience of working in a global team and line management a definite plus.
– University degree or equivalent with experience in an IT delivery environment with specialization in test automation
– Experience in a range of modern automation technology such as Robot Framework, Cucumber, SOAP UI, QTP, JBehave and with a good understanding of test driven development and continuous testing
– Programming and scripting using Linux/Unix environment. SQL experience.
– Experience as a QA engineer in a financial environment. Prior experience of working on a client connectivity system and FIX protocol would be ideal.
– When required be able to assist in level 3 support scenarios in a pressurized environment.
– Good understanding of agile methodologies, especially Scrum
– Excellent communication skills and be able to explain highly complex functional and non-functional items to IT and the business stakeholders.
Importantly you must be:
– A self-starter and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
– Comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.