Lake Foodsin Hartwell, GA is currently looking to hire a QA Tech to join our growing team.
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for assisting in all aspects of monitoring and verification activities for HACCP, SSOP, and other food safety and quality programs. This team member must have sufficient knowledge and understanding of food safety and quality assurance systems, their purpose, and the importance of maintaining these programs. The team member must be confident and capable of working within a quality team structure handling daily assignments both independently and inter-departmentally between quality assurance and production team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct HACCP and SSOP related monitoring and verification activities including: product control checks, product audits, product and room temperature checks, cooking and chilling CCP verification, pest control observations, pre-shipment reviews, microbiological swabbing, and other processing procedural checks.
- Maintain and review HACCP, SSOP, and other program monitoring records and documentation to ensure all program documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
- Perform overall monitoring of SOPs including performing record reviews and deviation investigations when necessary.
- Support quality assurance and production process and manufacturing improvement projects.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding in food and/or meat processing, quality assurance programs, GMPs, SSOP and HACCP.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience working in the meat/poultry or food processing industry preferred.
- Must have proficient computer skills and be able to independently write reports, manage Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and be able to be trained in Microsoft Access database usage.
- Must be able to work in teams and be self-motivated.
- Communicate in professional manner.
- Ability to understand or speak Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Must be able perform extensive walking and standing throughout the shift on a daily basis, and may need to lift or carry heavy objects upstairs and possibly long distances.
- Working conditions will include extended periods in cold and wet meat processing or packaging environments requiring the use of protective clothing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time