We are not accepting resumes from third parties and sponsorships are not provided for this role. This position also requires the employee to be on-site.
This is a direct hire opportunity.
nFuzion IT is an IT consulting firm located in Jeffersonville, IN, just across the river from Louisville, KY.
Our team of experts is known for excellence, integrity, teamwork, accountability, fun and work/life balance.
If you resonate with these core values, we’d love to talk with you.
Our client is adding Controls Engineers to their Louisville, KY, Dallas / Ft. Worth, or Los Angeles, CA locations, to participate in electrical control design and commissioning, while following the company’s standards in electrical controls design, PLC programming, and commissioning. Required travel is 40-50%.
- Understand project schedule/objectives/reqs by studying project specs, customer reqs, and performance standards.
- Communicate with project engineer and/or project manager regarding progress or problems related to the project.
- Confirm product performance by conducting verification tests, and ensure quality on all engineering deliverables.
- Keep standardization high and constantly improve processes, as well as keep current with technology.
- Follow company’s standards in electrical controls design, PLC programming and commissioning.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in assigned engineering activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Prior work experience in designing controls systems, commissioning, and troubleshooting PLC industrial control systems (e.g. Rockwell, Square D, and Siemens) and their industrial networks (e.g. ControlNet, DeviceNet, Modbus, Profibus, and Ethernet).
- Looking for someone who has done more than just PLC maintenance: want someone who has actually led a PLC commissioning project, and who has experience in programming PLC’s from scratch as well
- Prior work experience in the materials handling industry
- Competency with field installation supervision, monitoring Electrical installation subcontractors, and closing of jobs.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Ability to accommodate the mandatory travel requirements (details above).
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to travel 40-50%.