Provides support and direction for activities provided within a specifically-focused program area,
such as Education, Special Education, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, and Physical Education.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Prepare Youth for Success
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- promote and stimulate program participation;
- register new members and participate in their club orientation process;
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Program Development and Implementation
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for drop-in members
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality
in programs and appearance of the branch at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly branch staff meetings.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- May be required to drive Club van.
- Other duties as assigned
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club
members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and
others to assist in resolving problems.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Some College
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Ability to deal with the general public.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Valid State Drivers License
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, use a personal computer for standard business communications, and the ability lift up to 15 lbs.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- working with youth: 1 year
- High school or equivalent