Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital (LBHH) is a newly opened (July, 2018) 126-bed, inpatient psychiatric hospital and start-up joint venture between Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine and Universal Health Services.
In addition to a general adult unit and dedicated adolescent unit, the new facility will also offer services for treating those with co-occurring disorders on the psychiatric-medical unit, an intensive adult unit to care for those with severe conditions, as well as a women’s trauma unit. LBHH features a modern EMR and automated medication dispensing system to complement our evidence-based approach to treatment and wellness.
LBHH will be a six unit facility that provides highly specialized services, which includes multi-disciplinary teams providing high quality, innovative, and evidence-based care to adolescents and adults.
We will treat every person who seeks our services with dignity and respect. We will practice collaboration and not control. We will provide evidence based treatments and our core competencies and skills will reflect best practices.
How will you make a difference at LBHH?
The Nurse Manager is responsible for ensuring coordinated delivery of patient care in accordance with the established standards of care, mental health practice and hospital policy, goals and objectives. This position assists in contributing to the hospital's philosophy, objectives, educational and Performance & Improvement efforts, while providing supervision to the nursing staff assigned to his/her unit. Our Nurse Manager must possess demonstrated leadership ability, the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups and individuals, strong oral and written communication skills. He or she must also possess knowledge of therapeutic relationships, therapeutic processes, limit setting, behavior management, and crisis management of aggressive behaviors.
What do our current employees value at LBHH?
· An environment that puts patient care first.
· One of the most rewarding aspects of working as a Registered Nurse (RN) is providing excellent care, comfort, and security to the patients and families you treat, at their most vulnerable times.
· Having the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career.
· There are very robust continuing education options and opportunities for leadership development as a Registered Nurse (RN) with LBHH.
· Supportive and responsive leadership.
· Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
What’s in it for me?
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- Robust tuition reimbursement
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
- An opportunity to make a difference every single day.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health (LG Health), a member of the University of Pennsylvania Health System (Penn Medicine), is a 786-licensed bed not-for-profit health system with a comprehensive network of care encompassing Lancaster General Hospital (LGH), Women & Babies Hospital, Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital (in partnership with Kindred Healthcare) and the Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital (in partnership with Universal Health Services). Its membership in Penn Medicine brings together the strengths of a world-renowned, not-for-profit academic medical center and a nationally recognized, not-for-profit community healthcare system.
Outpatient services are provided at Downtown and Suburban pavilions, along with additional outpatient centers and Express and Urgent Care locations throughout the region. Lancaster General Health Physicians is a network of more than 625 physicians and advanced practice professionals across primary care and medical and surgical specialties, at more than 50 offices throughout the region.
Designated four times as a Magnet hospital for nursing excellence, LGH is consistently recognized regionally and nationally for clinical excellence and patient safety.
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies in the United States. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. Our operating philosophy is to build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers.
What Does LBHH Require for this Role?
· A valid State of Pennsylvania Nursing (RN) (Registered Nurse) License is required. Previous psychiatric, behavioral or mental health nursing experience is helpful but not required. CPR certification is required upon hire and will be provided at orientation if needed.
What Happens Next?
After you apply online and submit your resume, a member of our HR team will review your qualifications and experience. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, our HR team will reach out to you. You may log back on to this website to check the status of your application at any time.
Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital: Treatment. Compassion. Hope. Today, tomorrow and always.
For more information on our hospital, follow us on online:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- Nurse Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Women's Health
Relocation Assistance Provided: