We are currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor
for our Allied Health Services of Medford Comprehensive Treatment Center
. Hours are Tuesday - Friday 6:00am - 2:30pm and Saturday 6:00am - 12:30pm.
Allied Health Services of Medford,
a member of Acadia Healthcare's Comprehensive Treatment Centers, is a part of the leader in medication assisted treatment for individuals struggling with an opioid addiction. With full-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications, we are prepared to treat the entire problem, not just a piece of it.
The Substance Abuse Counselor is a counseling professional who provides treatment and support to assist patients receiving care in their recovery from addictions, such as alcoholism, drug addiction, eating disorders, or other behavioral problems; assists with modifying problem behaviors; may also provide counseling services to families of patients receiving care through an outpatient setting.
- Conducts individual counseling sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- Conducts group and/or family sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- May co-facilitate assigned group or family sessions;
- Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow up assessment, for patients;
- Prepares individual treatment plans for each assigned patient;
- Ensures all documentation regarding patient care, treatment and incidents is completed timely and in a clear, concise manner;
- May act as a liaison between referral sources and patients;
- Provides crisis intervention to patients, as needed;
- May plan for aftercare for assigned patients;
- May act as a liaison with insurance carriers, as requested;
- May provide case management duties for patients, ensuring individualized quality care;
- Evaluates patient’s needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities are needed; and,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS graduate or equivalent required; prefer bachelor's degree in social or health services field from an accredited college or university
- No previous experience in field required. Experience in counseling field instruction/internship or similar practicum through education or certification process
- CADC; Licensure or certification for counseling, as may be required by the state in which the facility operates; OR state license or certification eligible within the timeframe designated by the clinic's individual guidance
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Company paid group term life insurance.
Connect With Our Recruitment Team!
Sarah McCloud: New England and East Region
Justin McComber: Central Region
Madeline Morris: West Coast and Discovery House