General Statement of Responsibilities:
The Executive Director’s primary responsibility is to work with the Board of Directors and other staff in ensuring that all individuals requesting SAFE services be given those services in the most effective, efficient and appropriate manner possible. In addition, the Executive Director will work to secure funding and establish new funding for the agency, while raising community members’ awareness of family and sexual violence related issues.
- Oversee the administration of the agency: implement Board policies and assure correct practices; develop and implement agency program plans; create and maintain agency budget with SAFE bookkeeper.
- Assist with the development, implementation and training of an orientation plan for new staff members; oversee and evaluate all SAFE staff; coordinate all training opportunities for staff’s continuing education.
- Work in conjunction with the Shelter Coordinator and the Community Outreach Coordinator to ensure grant requirements are fulfilled. Create and oversee production of printed materials (i.e., Posters, brochures, press releases, flyers and newsletters) as they relate to the agency. Develop short-range (one year) goals for the agency as they relate to grants.
- Direct Services: Provide crisis intervention to SAFE clients, both in person and through the hotline or TTY; as needed.
- On – Call: The Director will provide emergency hotline phone coverage and provide services required when SAFE staff and volunteers are not available.
- Secure funding for the organization: Oversee administration of grants (writing, narrative, statistical and financial reports due quarterly); conduct research on funding sources; write proposals for new and continuing sources of funding; maintain and support all SAFE grant funding sources.
- Fiscal Management: Prepare the SAFE Budget with the Finance department and submit annual Budget to the Board for approval; approve and direct purchases and expenditure within the limits of the Board-approved budget; provide information to the Board regarding purchases and expenditures; stay abreast of potential funding sources, including federal, state, local and private funding sources, and initiate all action needed.
- Support Board of Directors including but not limited to attend Board meetings; provide Board with timely information as requested; provide monthly Director’s report; and provide additional educational information as requested. Provide the Board with adequate information to help reach sound decisions and establish policies. Enter contracts for SAFE on behalf of the Board of Directors. Cultivate agency donors through personal contact, letters, etc., public speaking, television interviews, and community events, as requested.
- Community and Public Relations: The Director is the spokesperson for the agency. S/he should promote good public relations in the local community, as well as on a State and National level as requested. The Director will represent the organization in all dealings with other organization in all dealings with other organizations, individuals and general public locally, statewide and nationally.
- Five years of management experience in a non-profit agency, community-based organization or other human service setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Additional management experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
- Demonstrated skills in budgeting, fiscal management, grant writing, fund raising, donor solicitation and program management and development.
- Possess excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Possess proven organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of personnel development including experience supervising paid professional and volunteer staff.
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking and community relations.
- Knowledge of the dynamics and issues related to domestic violence and sexual violence.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Experience and knowledge of victim services and advocacy.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year