This is a professional staff part-time position in the City's Parks & Recreation Department, Recreation and Tennis Center. An individual in this position develops, assists, and delivers programs including supervising children enrolled in the 'Rec Kids' Program, as well as monitors all activities within the Kid Zone. Reporting relationship: Recreation Specialist.
Examples of Work:
- Supervise children and facilitate a safe atmosphere;
- Oversee all registration and policy required documents;
- Assist participants with their homework;
- Plan daily activities for children including but not limited to: outdoor games, sports, crafts and group games;
- Actively participate in all activities and mentor children;
- Communicate with parents regarding children's behavior and related incidents;
- Respond to critical incidents and act swiftly in emergency situations;
- Clean the Kid Zone after each shift;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, or Certification:
High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) Certificate and a minimum of six (6) months of comparable experience are required.