RADAR is seeking a self-motivated, experienced, and results-focused Event Manager to join its team. We are looking for detail-oriented candidates who know how to expertly plan and manage events that delight our audience, and that drive awareness and demand for the award-winning, patented RADAR SaaS product. You will execute across all areas of event, conference, and trade show management, from budgeting to scheduling to contracts and logistics, and will work with the marketing team and other stakeholders to ensure events align with company objectives. This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic individual with event planning chops and overall marketing acumen looking to contribute to a growing company.
What You'll Do
- Own all aspects of RADAR marketing events, including planning and managing budget, calendar, and all logistics for trade shows, conferences, and networking events
- Conduct research to identify high-value trade shows and conferences to drive demand and awareness, along with Director of Marketing and other key stakeholders
- Develop objectives and strategies for the effectiveness and ROI for each event
- Negotiate and execute on event-related contracts, book event/meeting space, manage housing, warehousing, and inventory of exhibit properties
- Work with the marketing team to plan the creative and booth layout as well as event promotional activities that drive attendance and encourage on-site and post-event engagement, such as emails, social media, and blog posts
- Manage all production elements and relationships with all event service vendors, including (but not limited to) facilities, A/V, food and beverage, show decorator, and printers
- Coordinate equipment rental, setup and teardown of exhibits, planning and coordinating the routing of exhibits shipped to various locations
- Coordinate and communicate show logistics with internal teams, including pre- and post-event meetings
- Maintain ongoing, positive relationships with event-related associations and organizations
- Generate and interpret post-show reports, including leads generated at shows with follow-up activities that contribute to pipeline development and sales, along with the Director of Marketing and other key stakeholders
- Manage, maintain, and recommend continuous improvements for all shows and booth assets
- Recruit speakers for various events, in conjunction with other internal stakeholders; manage speakers and content
- Other projects as needed to contribute to a dynamic marketing team, including content development
What You Must Have
- At least 3-5 years of experience in trade show management and event production, which includes hands-on experience overseeing and producing event logistics
- Understanding of event industry norms such as venue and sponsor contracting, concessions, and housing room blocks
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and with minimal supervision, prioritize requests, and meet tight deadlines
- Precise attention to detail and high level organizational ability
- Stellar communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to effectively work across cross-functional teams
- Flexibility and adaptability; excellent problem-solving skills
- The desire and ability to evangelize the RADAR value proposition at various events, and a keen interest in interacting with prospects and customers
- Ability to attend conferences, travel as needed, and assist with booth installation and dismantle
What We'd Like You to Have
- Experience using CRM (preferably Salesforce) and/or Marketing Automation System (preferably Hubspot) to manage event campaigns and report on results
- Working knowledge of event management tools, such as EventBrite and Cvent
- Experience working in software or business-to-business environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience considered
- Experience working in the Google ecosystem (Sheets, Docs, Calendar)
About RADAR, Inc.
At RADAR, Inc. our mission is to create the most innovative and valuable platform for our customers to manage their response to privacy and security incidents involving regulated data. We are revolutionizing incident response management using automated, smart, and purpose-built SaaS technology. RADAR is a pioneer in the privacy field, recognized for its innovation with multiple patents and high-profile industry awards, including the 2017 Oregon Entrepreneur Network (OEN) Tom Holce Entrepreneurship Award, a 2017 Portland Business Journal Small Business Innovation Award, and the prestigious HPE-IAPP Privacy Innovation Award.
Why Join RADAR, Inc.
At RADAR, Inc., our team is filled with smart, thoughtful, and forward-thinking contributors who are experts at what they do, and our culture of trust is paramount to our success. We work hard, but we also encourage and support a healthy work/life balance. We offer a generous package of benefits and perks that make RADAR, Inc. a great place to work, including:
- Comprehensive benefits that include medical and dental, 401k, Life and Disability insurance, generous PTO, paid holiday time, and stock options. Plus flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and commuter expenses.
- Community outreach programs to encourage giving back to our community both as a group and individually
- On-site amenities such as indoor bike racks, showers, lockers, gym facilities, and a bike fix-it station
- Regular company-wide events, lunches, Friday breakfasts, game nights, outings, and company parties
- Casual work environment in an ideal central location, close to great food, shopping, and transportation options