Technology Support Consultant
Summary of Position:
Provides users with support for technical issues relating to the use and operation of hardware and software. Works closely with other members of the IS Department internally and third party vendors externally to provide excellent customer service to the team.
Provide support for all computers, tablets and mobile devices and Audio Visual equipment. Provides support for the local area network, and communications equipment including audio visual support for all division offices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and resolves computer workstation issues, both software and hardware related.
- Enacts manufacturer's warranties for equipment repair.
- Maintains tickets in Help Desk ticketing system and updates tickets with appropriate current status on a daily basis. Provides accurate, scientific, and reproducible written details on tickets resolution.
- Resolves printer and copier issues across the division.
- Arranges and coordinates technical support for meetings and events, including video conferencing and traditional audio/visual needs.
- Preventative maintenance and firmware updates
- Strong grasp equipment functionality – Comfortable with interacting and understanding clients’ needs and managing expectations
- Ability to provide the highest level of service & controlling situations in a high stress environment
- Maintains, upgrades, installs, or replaces hardware and software as required.
- Reports instances of server downtime, LAN/WAN connectivity issues immediately to manager and helpdesk team.
- Performs basic troubleshooting on LAN/WA N connectivity under the direction and guidance of telecommunications or network team.
- Produces a bi - weekly status report to I.S. Manager summarizing forwarding looking work as well as outstanding issues.
- Monitors and assists with coordinating the activities of third-party support contractors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by I.S. Manager.
- MAC Knowledge at an enterprise level.
- In addition to the above, each associate will be required to cross train for position(s) within the corporate organization structure as may, from time to time, be required by the I.S. Manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- College diploma or University degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows XP and Windows 7 and Office 365.
- ITIL Framework Knowledge
- Well versed in Microsoft Office settings, functions, and usage.
- Strong familiarity with mobile devices, tablets, and common apps.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Strong technical documentation and writing skills are required.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, while maintaining and communicating deadlines
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
This is a position which requires the IS Site Administrator frequent walking, standing and climbing of stairs in/around homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 75 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Some off-site travel many be required to administer remote users and/or satellite offices.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $30.00 to $35.00 /hour
- enterprise level MAC/IOS & Tech support: 2 years