JAVA Developer - Senior - In order to be considered for this position you must do a face-to face interview. 100% Remote work.
The JAVA Software Engineer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, preferably with some experience within the healthcare industry. The candidate must have hands-on experience with enterprise level software development, integration and implementation of SOA/Microservice architecture. The ideal candidate will have a good foundation of the Java, JEE platform, Microservice Architecture, REST, PL/SQL packages, SQL/data modelling and data migration.
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast paced environment. The candidate will provide design, and implementation expertise to a cross-functional software development team. The Software Engineer will play a key role of migrating three enterprise applications into a consolidated application which leverages DevOps, cloud computing, and data lake / big data technologies.
- Design, code, and implement next-generation Microservice applications using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies
- Amazon Relational Database Service
- Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
- DevOps (Jenkins Pipelines, Docker, Groovy, Ansible)
- Understand, reverse engine, migrate, optimize complex business logic in Oracle PL/SQL into target PostgreSQL PL/SQL and/or Java application
- Provide software expertise in one or more of these areas: Java application integration, java enterprise services, service oriented architectures, security, business process management/business rules processing, scaling applications in Cloud, database tuning & PL/SQL.
- Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component, including business logic, middleware, or database (SQL and data modeling).
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of experience with full lifecycle development
- 7+ years of combined experience with Java systems/application, database analysis & design
- 4+ years of combined experience SOA/Microservice architecture/REST integration
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably SAFe
- Education and/or formal training may substitute for experience requirement
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Demonstrable knowledge with Java EE, Java generics and concurrent programming.
- Demonstrable knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle), SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Solid experience with Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
- Preferred experience with ATTD and associated technologies (Fitnesse, Junit)
- Preferred experience with delivering code using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production
- Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms
- Preferred experience with big data & Java integration
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $55.00 to $60.00 /hour
- JAVA: 10 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)