The Business Development Manager works closely with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), the Director of Business Development and the Director of Marketing, the marketing team, and firm attorneys to develop and implement business development and marketing programs, plans and initiatives on behalf of the firm’s Energy Department, to achieve the firm’s strategic goals. This is not an externally facing sales position, nor will external sales be considered as years of experience for this particular role.
The Business Development Manager must build a working knowledge of the firm’s services and attorneys’ expertise, specifically related to the energy industry, as well as an understanding of the firm’s strategic goals, clients and prospects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field required. MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- 5+ years of progressively responsible business development and/or marketing work experience in the legal field or in another professional services organization. Externally facing sales experience does not qualify for years of experience.
- Experience working in, or knowledge of, the U.S. energy industry is preferred
- Self-starter, strong leadership and consensus-building skills required to work closely with staff, attorneys, firm leadership, clients, and senior business executives on a routine basis
- Strong project management abilities are a must, including setting priorities, analyzing, planning, organization, follow-through, delegation and negotiation skills; and an ability to multi-task, to build, manage and track budgets and analyze ROI
- Strong business acumen, strong attention to detail, problem solving capabilities and a track record of good decision making
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and gain respect at all levels of an organization, coordinating the use of department resources and involving senior management to complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
- Extensive experience and proven success with formulating, implementing and sustaining client development efforts, and in building/expanding client relationships
- Ability to identify and analyze issues and problems in business development, and to recommend and implement solutions
- Strong experience and facility with technology, including website, intranet, extranets, databases, knowledge management tools, social media and presentation software
- Exemplary presentation, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) required
- Work frequently requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the duties of the position and may require some travel.
JOB STATUS: Exempt position.
Location: Position may be resident in one of Steptoe’s West Virginia (Bridgeport, Charleston, Huntington, Martinsburg, Morgantown, Wheeling), Ohio (Columbus), Pennsylvania (Meadville, Southpointe, Pittsburgh), Kentucky (Louisville, Lexington), or Texas (The Woodlands, Dallas, Collin County, San Antonio) offices.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $81,000.00 - $121,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Marketing, Business, Communications: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: In person