Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Are you looking for a chance to build your career with a company who is Leading with Science? Are you interested in working with a group of talented women and men who drive innovation and celebrate the global community? We are seeking a highly-motivated Ecological Statistician to join our Fairfax, VA office.
We are in search of a team member to join our family of engineers and scientists who will use innovative statistical designs to solve complex environmental water quality problems. In this position you will show examples of how to apply statistical principals and techniques for collecting, organizing and interpreting complex national environmental and human health data sets. You will have the opportunity to use statistical methodologies to produce statistical reports and analysis. In addition, you will effectively and accurately communicate the results of statistical analysis and understand the importance of variability and uncertainty. Your intended audiences for the results include technical and managerial staff. In this position you will provide high quality statistical support to Tetra Tech offices, state, local and federal agencies.
More About This Role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop new innovative statistical methodologies for environmental analyses
- Perform analyses on data that includes discrete and time-series data sets
- Write and execute statistical analysis plans for environmental studies
- Develop and execute procedures to oversee data collection, quality screening, validation and maintenance
- Analyze and interpret simple and complex data sets
- Produce relevant statistics to describe and infer trends and patterns
- Develop data visualization products
- Produce reports and/or summaries based on results
- Write sections of protocols that require statistical input
- Participate in identifying and marketing new clients
- Participate on proposal planning and writing teams
- Provide statistical expertise to internal and external clients
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
What We Can Offer You:
- Masters in biostatistics or statistics; minimum 5 years of related environmental experience; Ph.D. preferred
- Demonstrated use of novel and innovative statistical techniques applied to environmental projects
- Knowledge in environmental science, biology or related discipline
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical methods and applications applied to water quality
- Experience with Bayesian methods, preferred
- Competent in R, SAS or related statistical programming languages
- Ability to effectively convey technical concepts through both written and oral communication
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; must be detail-oriented
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellence and Achievement awards for our highest performers
- Flexibility that allows our employees to balance quality work and their personal lives
- Competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities
- On-site gym
- Free Parking
- Easy access to I-66, RT-123, and RT-29
Tetra Tech only accepts resumes through its online process. Please apply at www.tetratech.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including, women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
No agencies or calls please.
Primary Location United States-Virginia-Fairfax
Organization 100 DIV
Job Posting Apr 10, 2019, 1:28:32 PM
Job Closing Date Ongoing