Full Job Description
Now Baking – head pastry chef, Princi Kitchen- Chicago
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that celebrates coffee, it’s rich tradition, and a feeling of connection. Continuing our quest in 2016, we announced a partnership with Princi, a renowned boutique bakery and café founded by Rocco Princi in 1986. Known for its artisan breads created from traditional family recipes, Princi’s five locations have become beloved experiences for customers across Milan and London.
In order to bring this vision to life we will begin opening Princi Kitchens to prepare all of the food served in Roasteries, Reserve Stores and Princi Bakeries. The newly hired kitchen team will continue to bring to life the Princi brand by creating handcrafted foods such as pastries, cakes, fresh soups, salads and focaccia-style pizza as well as artisanal baked breads.
Join us on this special journey!
The Princi Kitchen Head Pastry Chef role will have a unique and exciting opportunity to open one of our first kitchens and help to create and refine how we bring Princi to life in our stores. The candidate for this role must have an unwavering focus on food production and quality. He/she will be responsible for managing the pastry team personnel and assisting with the preparation of pastries and baked goods. This candidate will manage inventory, training, labor and equipment maintenance per need of the kitchen.
As the Head Pastry Chef, Princi Kitchen, you’ll be able to apply your past culinary leadership experience to:
Food Production Leadership
- Oversees and prepares production of multiple dessert items such as but not limited to: cakes, tarts, tiramisu, assorted fillings and custards per established recipes.
- Portions per specifications all dessert items
- Responsible for receiving ingredients and other supplies from main kitchen and/or pantry as required for daily operations.
- Works closely with other kitchen leaders and staff to ensure effective production of items
Planning & Prioritizing
- Reviews production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities.
- Completes production sheets and other records as required.
Coaching Performance& Development
- Responsible for hiring and managing baking team
- Develop leaders through meaningful coaching conversations informed by observed performance
Culture & Effective Communication
- Set inspirational tone for partners by role modeling Starbucks Mission and Values along with the Princi vision
Summary of Experiences
Superior performer who represents the Starbucks Mission Statement in daily work.
Demonstrated agility in dealing with ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced, highly visible, and changing environment
Able to organize and deploy work across people
Excellent coach and role model of Starbucks & Princi culture and values.
Demonstrates strong abilities as a team player and leader.
Ability to build strong relationships and engage across differing cultures and societies
Demonstrated baking and pastry expertise (6 years)
Baking Management (2 years)
Current Self-Safe certification and local health certification experience (2-3 years)
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com