Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Drives truck and tractor trailers to assigned destinations, which may include, but is not limited, to service organizations, collection centers, store sites, and other businesses.
2. Performs daily inspections of vehicle prior to operating, following company checklist. Reports needed repairs to supervisor.
3. Maintains accurate daily trip record indicating arrival and departure times and mileage.
4. Operates vehicle in compliance with company, local, state and federal regulations and in accordance with accepted principles of safe driving.
5. Loads and unloads vehicle. When loading vehicle, distributes weight evenly, forming a compact load and securing materials for transport.
6. Unloads merchandise at assigned destinations and moves to appropriate areas.
7. Move trailers to different locations.
8. Must have current and valid DOT card.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. One year of previous commercial driving history.
3. Valid Commercial Drivers’ License, Class A
4. Capable of effectively communicating orally.
5. Must be able to drop, load and move trailers
6. Must be able to read, write and interpret road maps.
Physical Demands Heavy Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Lifting Requirements.This job description requires workers to lift many items during the course of their shift. This weight may exceed 40 lbs. However workers are expected to lift only what they can physically handle.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 - $23.00 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Truck Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Commercial Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- trailer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hazmat endorsement (Preferred)
- CDL A (Preferred)
- Class A CDL (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Trucking freight handling:
Type of Freight:
Home Time policy:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply