Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for an opportunity for Senior Design Specialist at our customer in Aiken, SC for the Savannah River Site.
Duration – 3 Years
Clearance required – No
US citizenship required – Yes
Exempt or Non-Exempt – Exempt
Closing date – 04/19/20
Senior Design Specialist
Provide support for review of large and/or complex equipment and/or system modification, and facility construction work packages:
- Provide CADD support to the SRPPF project engineering team.
- Provide construction work package and concrete pour card technical review.
- Map concrete pour boundaries in MicroStation.
- Other duties as assigned by SRNS management.
Services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS. Most of the work will be performed using the MOX Documentum document control system and associated databases.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ experience OR 8 years CADD operator and /or construction experience.
Practical experience in work control, materials management, civil/structural, mechanical, maintenance, construction or related areas preferred.
Candidate must be able to perform weekly field walk-downs of the job site for engineering work being performed. These walk-downs may involve constructions sites with uneven surfaces and work in progress, walking for distances over a half mile, and climbing ladders to access remote areas.
Candidate must have:
- Experience in CADD operation/ surveying and / or construction execution in Nuclear facilities especially the MOX facility is required.
- Practical knowledge of Nuclear facilities construction, especially the MOX facility is required.
- Interpersonal skills as to establish and cultivate positive working relationships and interfaces with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of DOE, SRNS, and SRS operating policies, rules, and regulations preferred.
- Experience with MOX Documentum, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe is required.
- Experience with Bentley MicroStation and MOX drawings is required.
- Previous SRS and / or MOX experience and working knowledge of SRNS and / or MOX processes and procedures is required.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. The SRNS work schedule for this task is 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week). Must be available and willing to work up to 10 hours Overtime per week. Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
Area Security Access:
Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. After award, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments. Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past years are preferred.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the applications steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details, Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so. We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- design of building systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- electrical utility (t&d): 1 year (Preferred)
- full time: 2 years (Preferred)
- autocad: 8 years (Preferred)
- cad: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
Company's Facebook page: