Under general direction, provide a wide variety of complex and confidential administrative support to the Student Services Department, monitor program funds, track and submit special education reports to the state.
This position is located in the central administration building.
Full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Assists in monitoring program related budgets for the purpose of providing information to assigned administrator(s) in order to ensure that program activities are funded appropriately and in compliance with all relevant District, state, federal and grant regulations.
- Compiles data from a wide variety of sources for the purpose of preparing reports, making recommendations and/or preparing information for assigned administrator.
- Maintains a wide variety of manual and electronic files and records for the purpose of providing documentation in accordance with administrative and legal requirements.
- Prepares a wide variety of reports documents and correspondence (i.e., meeting materials, state report materials, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.) for the purpose of assisting assigned administrator(s), documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Supports assigned administrator(s) for the purpose of providing assistance with their administrative functions and meeting department and District objectives.
- Process all purchase orders and pay bills for special education/services areas.
- Collect and maintain data for all special education personnel including licensure caseloads and compliance indicators.
- Collect and maintain data for Special Education, and Extended School.
- Maintain various Special Services software systems.
- Any combination of education, training and/or experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties as described including extensive satisfactory experience; college degree preferred;
- Bilingual preferred;
- Strong computer and word processing skills;
- Coursework in business administration or a related field desirable;
- Must maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information;
- Possess standard administrative assistant procedural and office management techniques;
- Demonstrate correct English grammar, punctuation, spelling, proofreading, recordkeeping and filing systems;
- Effective telephone techniques;
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 15 pounds of materials. It also requires the use of a computer, good vision, hearing, and speech for effective communication.
Please apply online.