Amarin Corporation plc (Nasdaq:
AMRN), is a multinational biopharmaceutical company focused on commercialization and development of therapeutics to improve cardiovascular health. Amarin’s drug, Amarin markets and sells Vascepa® (icosapent ethyl) directly in the United States and has begun licensing Vascepa for international development, with collaboration partners in place in China, the Middle East and Canada. Vascepa has generated rapidly growing U.S. revenue expected to be in excess of $200 million in 2018. Vascepa has been shown in two phase 3 trials to lower triglycerides and have other favorable effects on other markers of cardiovascular risk, with a safety profile comparable to placebo. Vascepa is in the late stage of a cardiovascular outcomes study designed to determine the drug’s effects on cardiovascular risk reduction in a high-risk patient population after statin therapy, an unmet need for millions of patients, and a potential multi-billion-dollar opportunity for Amarin. Plans are underway for significantly expanding Amarin’s promotion of Vascepa while increasingly evaluating other product opportunities. Amarin is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. In the U.S., the company's office is in Bedminster, New Jersey. For additional information, please visit www.amarincorp.com.
The company’s U.S. entity, Amarin Pharma Inc., is seeking a Sales Professional for the JACKSONVILLE SOUTH, FL territory. The Sales Professional meets established sales goals in promoting Vascepa to general practitioners, specialists and other healthcare professionals in compliance with internal policy and applicable laws/regulations. The Sales Professional will be supported in this initiative with tools and promotional resources designed to have high local impact. The successful professional will achieve sales goals and demonstrate the ability to target and manage their territory strategically while operating within an assigned budget (and adhering to all compliance and administrative duties).
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a market expansion in a growing entrepreneurial-minded team-oriented environment, where sales performance and territory ownership are paramount. Amarin offers competitive base pay, uncapped quarterly incentive compensation, comprehensive employee benefits including stock options and auto allowance program.
Candidates must possess a 4-year college degree, 1+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience; cardiology and/or lipids experience a plus, and the ability to demonstrate past sales results and professional accomplishments that reflect motivation, initiative, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Four year college degree (B.A., B.S. or equivalent).
- One plus years of recent pharmaceutical drug sales experience.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting towards meeting established objectives.
- Well developed written and oral communication skills.
- Must live within territory.
- Ability to build rapport and relations by interacting effectively with employees and external contacts
(i.e. MD and office staff) at all levels, demonstrating awareness of their needs and responding with the appropriate action.
- Highly effective organizational and administrative skills.
- Computer Skills; Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass background, motor vehicle and drug screen investigations.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Relocation assistance is not offered for this role.
- Current relationships with key physicians in the territory.
- Experience selling in the triglyceride / cholesterol / diabetes markets.
- Understanding of the cardiovascular sales environment and its challenges.