Aurora works at the intersection of rigorous engineering and applied machine learning to address one of the most challenging, important, and interesting opportunities of our generation: transforming the way people and goods move.
Founded by three of the world's leaders of the self-driving vehicle industry, we design the software and hardware that will power the next revolution in transportation. We partner with others as we believe this allows us to move more quickly than any one company can move alone.
Aurora hires people who want to build the future of transportation. We are searching for Site Reliability Engineers. He/She will help develop, maintain, and operate the infrastructure for our mapping processes. The SRE team will be responsible for calibrating and managing the uptime for software services that are essential to building autonomous vehicles. Also this team will deliver quality operations at scale, driving automation in every aspect of the role.
- Own knowledge of entire mapping process ranging from pre-processing raw data into tasks to post-processing validation steps and simulation
- Automate mapping software infrastructure tasks to ensure scalable operations
- Partner with the Mapping Product Lead to provide tool tech support
- Understand and investigate production process bottlenecks and troubleshoot any issues in the field, architect solutions that ensure that they do not happen in the future
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in Python and/or C++ programming
- Experience in a Linux software development environment
- Experience in building and maintaining tools and Infrastructure
- Able to troubleshoot complex software systems
- Prior experience in an SRE or DevOps role
- Experience with simulation or cloud infrastructure products
Working at Aurora
- Your work has real purpose and will improve lives all around the world. Our technology will increase roadway safety, expand access to transportation, revitalize our cities, and create a new platform for people to enjoy next generation experiences in transportation
- We're a growing team of incredibly smart and very fun people you'll likely enjoy being around
More about Aurora
Aurora has assembled one of the most experienced leadership teams in the space to go build the next leading self-driving vehicle company - including leaders from Google / Waymo, Tesla, Uber ATG, Apple, and several others to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology quickly and safely around the world. We are partnered with some of the largest automakers on the planet and funded by some of Silicon Valley's best venture capital firms, including Greylock and Index Ventures.