At Hospice of the Midwest, our primary ambition is to bring first-class care to the warmest, and most serene environment possible: home. We provide the full spectrum of hospice services, thoughtfully tailored to patients and families, with focused attention given to individual needs and preferences. We are proud to have some of the best and brightest individuals in the health care industry working with us. Join a team that works together to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
We are seeking a full-time Social Worker to provide medical social work services to hospice patients and families for our Grinnell, IA location. Job duties of this rewarding position include:
- Assessing the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient’s illness and the environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group
- Carrying out social evaluations, including family dynamics, caregiver abilities, communication patterns, high-risks for suicide, neglect or abuse, and plans interventions based on evaluation findings
- Counseling patients and family/caregivers as needed in relationship to stress and other identified coping difficulties, providing crisis intervention when necessary
- Assessing for any special needs related to the culture of the patient and family
- Maintaining clinical records on all patients referred to social work
- Participating in the development of the individualized plan of care involving the patient and family, and attending regularly scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings
- Assisting physicians and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems and death/dying issues
- Assisting family and patient in planning for funeral arrangements, financial, legal and healthcare decision responsibilities
Ideal candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of master’s program in social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Minimum of one year experience in health care. Hospice experience preferred.
- Understands hospice philosophy and issues of death/dying.
Hospice of the Midwest offers a comprehensive benefit package, including:
- Employee Recognition Program
- Company contribution to health and dental coverage
- Employer paid Long Term Disability coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- 401 (k)
- Life insurance
- Great co-workers!
Job Type: Full-time
- healthcare social work: 1 year (Required)
- Iowa Social Work (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off