We are seeking a senior full stack software engineer to join our mission. In this role, you will be integral to a small but growing team focused on developing backend services, that will be enabling delightful customer experiences. This will include implementing RESTful web services, interacting with various systems, both external and internal, in the areas of trade-in valuations, inspections, order management, pricing, or any other initiatives that may come up in future.
- Build and enhance backend services to enable awesome, end to end, web experiences for our customers, balancing usability with functionality
- Design, code, test, and document programs and sub-systems while identifying multiple solutions to complex problems
- Define optimal system performance at scale and at different layers while using system profiling tools and stress testing to find and fix weak spots
- Implement continuous integration, regression and deployment, while maintaining the existing system and codebase
- Design and build scalable, high-availability mission-critical systems and APIs.
- Ensure feature quality through extensive testing (unit, integration, functional, performance and regression) with a focus towards automation
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of software development and research tools required to support high volume transactions
- Be nimble and react quickly to changing business conditions and requirements
- Work with product managers, content producers, QA engineers and release engineers to own your solution from development to production
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent with prior industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of experience with Masters degree or quivaluent
- Experience with micro-services architectures, Docker eco-system and API first approach with hands-on expertise in developing rest APIs supporting multiple versions
- Hands-on design and development for customer facing applications that require high availability, concurrency, multi-tenancy, high scalability for a large global user base
- Strong in OOP Methodology, expertise in Java, J2EE Spring boot, REST ful services
- Strong RDBMS Experience (MySQL, MSSQL)
- Familiarity with front end technologies like Angular, React
- Source control using git
- Experience with Unit Testing Methodologies and Tools (JUnit or similar)
- Hands-on experience in server side JS technologies such as nodeJS is a plus
- Experience with Messaging frameworks (ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ or Kafka)
- Knowledge of different caching strategies, performance tuning, transaction management across systems and messaging systems
- Excellent unit testing and integration testing practices
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program