Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is seeking a Highway Staff Engineer
to serve the vital function of positioning the company as the leader in the transportation and highway market. The Mount Laurel, NJ
office is looking to increase the visibility of our experienced transportation and highway group. The team player we seek must have a minimum of a BS degree in Civil Engineering, a minimum of EIT/FE certification (NJ/PA PE license is a plus), and 5-8 years of experience working on NJDOT, NJTA, County and/ or municipal projects. MicroStation and InRoads experience is required, OpenRoads experience is a plus. Experience with other software utilized in the design of highways is a plus.
- Assisting with all facets of highway engineering including design of horizontal and vertical alignments, ADA Curb Ramps, drainage systems, traffic signal systems, utility relocations, development of maintenance and protection of traffic schemes, and preparation of right of way and contract plans for a variety of project types and clients.
- Prepare contract bid documents including: Plans, Cost Estimates and Specifications
- Monitoring budgets and schedules.
- Assisting with and collaboration with team members on the marketing of new projects.
- Assisting the Marketing Coordinator with the preparation of proposals.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- BS degree in Civil Engineering.
- EIT/FE certification (Registered Professional Engineer in NJ/PA is a plus).
- 2+ years of experience in highway design.
- Experience with MicroStation (InRoads preferred).
- Horizontal and vertical alignments,
- Drainage / Stormwater Management design,
- Erosion and sediment pollution control design,
- Access and ROW,
- Pavement design and
- Traffic engineering
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.