This position is posted for internal bidding by current MN Judicial Branch AFSCME represented employees.
The Third Judicial District seeks a Court Clerk Leadworker
in Winona County District Court.
Work involves functioning as lead worker of the Civil Division. The incumbent of this position will perform a wide variety of complex case processing, training and operational support responsibilities for the division. Will back-up and perform some of the same duties as lower level classifications as needed.
Work requires the use of independent judgment, application of specialized clerical knowledge, and comprehensive understanding of court operations and procedures.
Example of Duties
- Performs advanced clerical work manually and electronically, on the MN Court Information System (MNCIS) and related computer systems (IE: MMC, E-Charging System, County Databases, Imaging Systems, and others as needed).
- Provides work direction to a staff within the office which may include:
- Reviewing court clerical and/or financial work for accuracy and compliance.
- Answering case-related and procedural questions.
- Scheduling assignments, coordinating workflow, and monitoring workload and coverage within the office.
- Drafting procedural guidance and training manuals.
- Providing training, feedback, and coaching on use of computer systems, case processing, and court procedures.
- Preparing agendas for and facilitating team meetings.
- Informing management of work progress, personnel issues and backlogs, and assisting staff in meeting performance standards.
- Serves as first point of contact for troubleshooting problems and assisting staff with the more complex or challenging case processing, financial work and customer service responsibilities at the counter and on the telephone.
- Transfers information between the management and staff and manages the office in the supervisor's absence.
- May work on special projects.
- Current employee of the Minnesota Judicial Branch.
- Graduation from high school or vocational school.
- Experience in taking a lead role on assignments.
- Experience (at least 6 months) as a court clerk or in the legal field.
- Working knowledge of court policies and procedures and the ability to apply them as needed.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and good judgment.
- Ability to master emerging technologies.
- Ability to successfully navigate social interactions.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to effectively handle conflict situation both internally and externally.
- Strong working knowledge of MNCIS with minimal errors and ability to troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- Ability to learn and retain new material and concepts. Ability to accept and apply feedback to performance.
- Ability to adapt training style to be successful in sharing information with diverse learning styles.
- Excellent listening, multi-tasking, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Ability to be flexible in changes with workloads, job assignments, new procedures, different computer systems, court trends, and priorities.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
This position is posted for bidding by current MN Judicial Branch AFSCME represented employees.
Please apply online via our application service. Please follow the Employment Opportunities link on the Minnesota Judicial Branch website: www.mncourts.gov.
AFSCME represented court employees applying for this position must be in good standing and have successfully passed their original 6 month probationary period and served 6 months in their current position prior to applying for this position.