As THE leader in transit technology, Clever Devices' vision is to make meaningful contributions to worldwide mobility. Our goal is to be the leading provider of exciting technology that improves the quality of mobility in communities around the world. We are continuing to grow, and are looking for a Director, Pricing and Estimating to lead our Pricing team in our corporate offices in Long Island NY (Woodbury, NY).
The Director, Pricing and Estimating works with business development, technical personnel, estimators and proposal teams across the organization (some remote) for cost estimating, cost and price analysis, bid reviews, narrative development and proposal document management. This position has significant responsibility for competitive and accurate cost estimating and pricing for services and products in relation to price-to-win, risk, margin and effective financial outcomes. This position organizes and manages common, centralized cost estimating models to ensure current data is used in price/cost proposal development and complies with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This position develops and maintains formal processes as required to support the estimating and pricing functions for the entire business. This position provides process improvement recommendations to cost estimating and pricing procedures, including approaches to improve price competitiveness and reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Provide oversight of cost and pricing estimating activities related to bids and proposals for public transportation Information Technology (IT) and related projects.
- Reviews RFP documents, plans, drawings, and specifications to assist management in qualifying opportunities to determine bid/no-bid status.
- Creates cost and pricing models or cross references as required to ensure proper documentation of contract pricing/Basis of Estimate.
- Works with Account Manager(s) and Business Development personnel to determine Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) budgeting and Price-To-Win (PTW) strategies for specific opportunities.
- Develops detailed cost and price estimates including narratives justifying the basis of estimates, assumptions, and exclusions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates, ensure cost effectiveness, and resolve issues.
- Works with Operations/Project Controls function to utilize analytical data from completed projects to identify possible improvements in the estimating/pricing processes to increase effectiveness in competition and risk management.
- Develop and use metric analysis to identify possible process or performance issues effecting estimating and pricing quality. Analysis of cost estimating relationships and model development, cost risk analysis, risk assessment, and software development cost estimating.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Economics, or related field) plus six (6) years’ experience; Master’s degree plus two (2) years’ experience; or an equivalent combination of related training and experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in estimating and managing estimating for public sector contract pricing competitions, preferred.
- Government estimating experience for IT infrastructure projects is highly preferred.
- International estimating and contracting experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting software; Database IT and Estimating systems (e.g., SalesForce) Microsoft Access ; Microsoft Project and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Office Suite
- Interpersonal skills to lead groups with or without direct line authority; negotiating and influencing skills; work as a contributing member of a team and in a team environment and collaborate across functions to manage cost and price factors that influence customer acquisition, retention, and revenue.
- Proven project estimating experience interpreting statements of work (SOW), blueprints, drawings and specification to develop work breakdown structures (WBS), independently and/or with assistance from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create project cost estimates, including material, labor and other direct cost requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and use competitive cost and pricing intelligence effectively.
- Strong knowledge of applicable labor laws and regulatory requirements to ensure pricing of contract proposals.
- Must possess detail orientation and ability to work in a fast paced work environment.
- High level analytical and creative problem solving skills to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to perform sophisticated quantitative analyses that translate into actionable insights
- Success using statistical techniques to model complex relationships among business variables.
- Superior research and problem-solving skills founded on analytical rigor, strategic thinking, and strong business judgment.
- Ability to analyze large databases, develop models to inform business decisions, and communicate methodology and insights to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiply priorities simultaneously.
- Adept at planning and organizing and identifying priorities and making adjustments when appropriate
Job Type: Full-time
- Pricing: 3 years (Required)
- RFP response: 3 years (Required)
- DoD or Government contract pricing: 1 year (Preferred)