xG Health Solutions is positive, fast-paced and rapidly growing healthcare solutions company headquartered in Columbia, Maryland. xG Health’s mission is to help health systems and others committed to high quality, value-based care succeed under risk-based payment arrangements. Our volume-to-value roadmap, care design and delivery, population health analytics, and financial optimization services are powered by Geisinger Health System's methods that have been proven to achieve best-in-class outcomes.
We are seeking a dynamic HealthCare DSRIP Project Manager to join the xG Health team.
The HealthCare DSRIP (Delivery System Reform Incentive Pay) Project Manager serves in as a healthcare consultant in a support role as a dynamic and collaborative analyst on “healthcare” consulting engagements, as well as other “healthcare” initiatives involving research, analysis and critical thinking. This healthcare consultant role provides an opportunity to learn valuable skills and develop knowledge as well as acquire insight into how healthcare technology, analytics and care management are transforming how care is delivered from clinical quality, cost and patient experience perspectives. The HealthCare DSRIP Project Manager will be involved in crafting value-based and population-health focused recommendations for specific programs, such as, Medicaid DSRIP, Medicare ACO, among others. Healthcare consulting engagements are geared towards adapting Geisinger proven methodologies and approaches for improving care delivery to our growing portfolio of diverse clients. Each engagement requires tailoring our solutions and knowledge to our client’s specific situation and needs as well as our ability to effectively deliver high quality, reliable services in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The ideal candidate will have solid project management and interpersonal skills as well as a passion for working with other healthcare team members to meet or exceed client expectations and familiarity with the New York State DSRIP ( Delivery System Reform Incentive Pay ) program and requisite projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 40% Program and project management and support. Effectively develop and manage large scale project plans and work in coordination with a multi-disciplinary engagement team to deliver on client commitments. Support tracking and day to day project coordination and related communications at the direction of engagement leadership.
- 20% Perform business and data analysis, research and delivery support as appropriate for client engagements across a broad scope and range of capabilities e.g. care delivery redesign, disease, condition and population health management, provider performance profiling, and strategies and tactics for helping clients transform the way they deliver care.
- 15 % Actively participate in the assessment of client maturity as an integrated delivery system and their ability to manage population health, total cost of care and ability to deliver reliable/predictable high quality care. Support efforts to assess a client’s relative market and competitive position of their existing services and relative performance, and positioning for future market position from clinical quality, technology or financial perspectives. Provide analysis of client data, conducting/participating in client interviews, gathering external information pertinent to gather facts and insights into a client’s issues, concerns and goals.
- 15% Participate in the development of new products/services, working with subject matter experts and product management staff in the ongoing enhancement and expansion of xG Health product and service offerings portfolio
- 10% Support business development efforts, including planning, statement of work drafting and scope development e.g. drafting of preliminary budgets and staffing models for prospective clients and engagements. Assist internal coordination and preparation/follow-up of proposal development.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Play a supporting role for large client engagements and lead-role for key areas/aspects of engagements based upon areas of expertise/knowledge of specific subject areas e.g. patient centered medical homes, provider driven population health management, care delivery redesign, change management, strategy etc.
- Preparation of presentations, reports, analyses – both interim and final client deliverables. Assist Client Engagement leaders in management of client interactions, including meeting preparation, follow-up and ongoing development of delivery, based upon scope of services defined within client engagements.
- Work on multiple, concurrent engagements. Provide ongoing project and engagement status updates to engagement leaders.
- Performs all other duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two to five years of experience working in a top-tier consulting environment as an analyst/consultant, or
- Two to five years of experience working within a health care delivery setting, or
- Two to five years of experience working within a population health management, health insurance/payer setting.
- Familiarity with the New York State DSRIP program and requisite projects
- Understanding of Medicare Alternate Payment Methods (APM), such as, ACO, MACRA, etc.
- Sound knowledge of the healthcare industry from either payer or provider/care delivery perspectives. Familiarity with healthcare reform, value-based care concepts.
- Expertise in a specific subject area related to our business e.g. service line management, population health management, payer/provider reimbursement.
- Requires a BS/BA degree, Master’s Degree preferred (MBA or MPH). Prefer majors or background in healthcare, economics, business management, engineering, computer science, or public policy.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Travel is expected to be 50-65%.
- Work is typically performed in an office environment or, on occasion, remotely from home.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- familiarity with DSRIP: 1 year