Howmet Fastening Systems is looking for a Materials Technician II to join our Waco, TX team. This position performs all tasks performed by Material Tech I & II consisting of: coordination and movement of materials within the packaging operations and other areas as required; packaging, labeling, and loading product for shipment; accepting, verifying, and recording of incoming materials and supplies from outside vendors; physically lift, place, and carry items weighing up to fifty (50) pounds for moderate distances.
The responsibilities include more complex tasks involving full cross-training on all dept equipment and specialized ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex equipment or process issues, identifying problems, determining root causes, and taking required corrective action to achieve a high level of transaction accuracy. The role also operates a variety of powered material handling equipment and performs manual tasks.
- Operate equipment and perform duties as related to functional area of assignment, listed below, and be familiar with safety, environmental, and emergency procedures for equipment in that functional area.
- Review W.O. to determine customer specific packaging and labeling requirements for work in process.
- Setup and run box erector/gluer, packaging machines, label printer/applicators, palletizers and stretch wrapping machines.
- Accurately input data into computer systems to record production quantities through work order completions.
- Take appropriate action to correct identified inaccuracies.
- Operate forklift and other material handling equipment to load, unload, and transport material to designated locations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Load stock into trailers or staging areas in accordance with inbound advice instructions, verifying accuracy of system data.
- Load packaging lines/hoppers with forklift for packaging operations.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform minor repairs to production equipment.
- Numerous miscellaneous general warehouse tasks, including 5s tasks/activities and dept improvements.
- Ensures that all electronic and manual transactions are completed with a high degree of accuracy.
- Performs inbounding operations of completed finished goods W.O.’s
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to learn manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards.
- Maintains full compliance and conducts all activities in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in warehouse or packaging operations.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be able to read, write and accurately perform routing math calculations.
- Must be able to interact positively with other individuals to function effectively in a team-based environment.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Must be able to operate basic computer systems and programs.
Must be able to learn computer-based applications and equipment.
The position includes competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), excellent 401k matching program, paid holidays and vacation. The salary range for this position starts at $14.10.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of incumbents in this job classification .
About Howmet Aerospace
Howmet Aerospace Inc. (NYSE: HWM), headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s sales for 2022 approximated $5.7 billion. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts and forged wheels. With nearly 1,150 granted and pending patents, the Company’s differentiated technologies promote more fuel efficiency for aircraft and commercial transportation. For more information, visit www.howmet.com , including content shared during the Company’s May 2022 Technology Day.
Howmet is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email [email protected]