Vice President, Strategy
Alnylam was founded in 2002 on a revolutionary vision and bold mission which remain firmly in place today. We are leading the translation of RNA interference (RNAi) into a new class of innovative medicines with the potential to transform the lives of people with rare genetic, cardio-metabolic, hepatic infectious, and central nervous system diseases with unmet need. Our first medicine, the first-ever RNAi therapeutic, has recently been approved by the FDA in the US for the treatment of the polyneuropathy of hereditary transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis in adults and by the European Medicines Agency in the EU for the treatment of hATTR amyloidosis in adults with stage 1 or stage 2 polyneuropathy. In addition, Alnylam has four investigational medicines in late-stage development. www.alnylam.com. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018- four years in a row!
Alnylam’s business strategy is to develop and commercialize a broad pipeline of RNAi therapeutic products directed towards our three Strategic Therapeutic Areas (STArs): Genetic Medicines; Cardio-Metabolic Diseases; and Hepatic Infectious Diseases. The VP of Strategy will be an integral part of our growth strategy. We expect to enter into additional collaboration and licensing agreements as a means of obtaining resources, capabilities and funding to advance our investigational RNAi therapeutic programs. This position will ensure the pipeline and assets are capitalized to support the organization short and long-term goals. The Vice President of Strategy reports to Alnylam’s Chief Operating Officer. The role is based at Alnylam’s headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Partner with the Management Board on the development of a value creation business strategy for the company and ensure appropriate strategic inputs
- Provide strategic input to Alnylam’s Pipeline and Business activities.
- Work closely with Finance to support the Investment Plan
- Partner with BD in the identification, evaluation and development of acquisition, investment and partnership opportunities.
- Lead Alnylam’s Long Range Planning across a range of therapeutic areas, asset and portfolio strategies and ensure Portfolio Prioritization.
- Lead team of analysts
- An MBA with at least 12+ years of relevant industry experience in biotech/pharma preferably in a corporate strategy role; a background in science is preferred.
- Must have an aptitude to quickly understand new science and technology.
- 7+ years of consulting experience from a global firm with a focus in the biotech/healthcare sector
- Advanced scientific degree preferred (PhD, MD)
- Exceptional oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and financial modeling capabilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with many different internal and external constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to create and champion new ideas and influence senior management.
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Clear Alignment with Alnylam Core Values:
o Commitment to People
o Innovation and Discovery
o Sense of Urgency
o Open Culture
o Passion for Excellence
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.