Field Merchandisers are assigned a group of stores to visit regularly to take inventory, place orders, receive product, and restock shelves with merchandise. When product is received at the store, the Merchandiser will stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with merchandise and arrange merchandise displays to attract customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Use Cipher unit to reorder merchandise that needs to be replenished at the store.
- Receive, open, unpack and transport merchandise to the sales floor.
- When a shipment is unpacked at the store, compare merchandise invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct.
- Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise.
- Clean display cases, shelves, and aisles.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment free of tripping hazards
- Block off work area as necessary to protect store customers
General Supervision: routine duties are performed with minimal supervision; standard practices or procedures allow me to proceed alone at routine work; occasional check of work while in progress; work is reviewed upon completion.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. Individual must also be able to use a hand held Cipher unit to log hours, mileage, and reorder merchandise for the stores on his/her sales route.
Moderate physical activity, approximately 50 to 75% of time performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature and regularly lifting of items weighing up to 10-20 pounds. Position requires standing, walking, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, reaching, etc. to unpack, transport, and to restock store shelves with merchandise.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (If applicable)
Varies based on business demands and sales route assigned
This position requires regular travel via personal or company owned vehicle to stores assigned on a sales route
Occasionally an employee will be asked to do overnight travel (up to 20%) by land and/or air
Related keywords: merchandiser, retail
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Merchandising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)