**Midwest Veterinary Referral Center (a BluePearl Veterinary Partner) in Chesterfield MO has an immediate need for an experienced Veterinary Receptionist. Previous veterinary reception experience required. Evening hours, weekends, and some holidays. Make a difference every day in the life of your pets and their owners!**
- Greets and makes eye contact when entry door opens to offer every client, visitor or associate a warm and professional acknowledgement immediately upon arrival.
- Demonstrates a friendly smile, good eye contact and approachable demeanor. Uses appropriate behavior and body language to match the client’s level of concern. Listens empathetically.
- Speaks clearly, slowly and calmly in person and on the telephone. Communicates clear and client-focused solutions in ways clients are easily able to understand.
- Assesses, immediately upon arrival, each client’s unique need, as well as the pet’s general condition.
- Determines whether an emergency arrival is a “stat” versus “standard” emergency. Checks in “stat” and “standard” emergencies according to level of urgency.
- Promptly processes accurate and thorough admission and check out procedures, including collection of associated fees.
- Collaborates with nursing staff to ensure clients’ wait times in the lobby and exam rooms are minimized.
- Acts as a liaison to clients, frequently keeping them informed of delays. Connects clients with other associates to facilitate answers to questions.
- Monitors lobby for soiling or clutter and arranges clean up as needed.
- Answers telephones using proper etiquette and tone as determined by established standards.
- Responds to non-patient calls or visitors and connects them to the appropriate associates.
- Confirms all appointments in advance, ensuring clients receive accurate information about preparing their pet for the appointment. Cancels appointments as necessary.
- Explains aftercare options to clients and completes deceased pet aftercare forms. Offers emotional support and resource materials to grieving clients in a compassionate and discreet manner.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and service agencies during handling of pet remains by ensuring a complete, accurate and compassionate process.
- Documents client communication in hospital operation software.
- Medical Record Processing
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Who are we?
- High school graduate.
- Work efficiently in a busy hospital environment and proactively identify tasks required to ensure optimum client care and hospital organization.
- Legibly and accurately document patient, client and primary care veterinarian information and other hospital communication; display attention to detail.
- Maintain calm demeanor during emergency situations; relate effectively with various personalities and sense when someone is in distress; demonstrate sincere compassion.
- Effectively and professionally communicate verbally with coworkers, doctors and clients; handle confrontation with grace.
- Think quickly and problem-solve with sound judgment.
- Perform and document basic financial calculations accurately.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, and move) up to 50 pounds. Lifting higher weights requires requesting assistance from another associate.
• Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision.
• Occasionally exposed to airborne particles and illness from patients and chemicals related to animal care and office equipment.
• The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
• Environment where pets are present.
• The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, cutting edge healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere!
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.