KCI Technologies, Inc., is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. The success of the company is a tribute to the hard work and technical expertise of dedicated employee owners.
KCI is looking for bright and highly motivated college students (rising juniors, rising seniors or rising graduate students) to support and learn from our talented and diverse team of engineers, planners, scientists, and construction managers.
The intern will work under the supervision of a technical manager within one of KCI's many diverse consulting, engineering, scientific, or design practices to gain exposure to real world projects and daily work tasks. Summer interns will work a 40-hour week, with at least 10 weeks of work required during the period from mid-May to the end of August. Interns will be assigned a dedicated supervisor and mentor, are required to attend planned activities, and must submit mid-summer and end-of-summer reports/presentations.
Depending on the selected candidates’ career field, the duties may include:
• Assist in the development of plans, quantities and cost estimates
• Conduct data analysis and reporting
• Complete field surveys or laboratory assignments
• Conduct entry level engineering, design or drafting
• Prepare engineering studies and coordinate design plans with other design disciplines
• Apply quality control procedures in alignment with ISO.
• Communicate with client(s) on a limited basis
• Provide on-time delivery of project expectations with favorable feedback
• Perform administrative or office management duties.
KCI’s goal is to prepare students for starting a successful career in one of the many diverse service areas including: Engineering (civil, electrical, environmental, fire protection, geotechnical, mechanical, structural, utilities, transportation, water resources), Construction Management, Surveying, Industrial Security, Safety and Risk management, Environmental Planning and Natural Resource Management and Restoration.
• Receive hands-on work experience in a variety of field and office environments
• Develop knowledge of KCI service, and the engineering consulting industry
• Network with a diverse group of talented individuals
• Build relationships across the company
• Identify and strengthen skills and career interests
• Attain an overview of the opportunities within KCI
The candidates selected as part of the KCI Summer Internship program will be placed at one of KCI's offices throughout the United States for the summer of 2019. Interns whose permanent address is more than 50 miles from their chosen reporting office are provided a housing stipend for the summer. Our interns work hard, and have a great time!
• Pursuing degrees in the following fields: Engineering (Civil, Environmental, Geotechnical, Structural, or related) Construction Management, Design, Drafting, Geology, Biology, Surveying, Geography, Chemistry, Landscape Architecture, Natural Resources, Environmental Science or other related areas of study
• High School diploma
• Cumulative GPA: 3.00 or higher
• Basic Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong teamwork player
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to apply critical thinking to problem solving
• Ability to travel to site/customer visits, field work, etc.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Must have the right to work permanently in the Unites states
• Must be able to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
• Some assignments may be out of state. (stipend for temporary housing and travel arrangements covered by KCI)
Degrees / Licenses (R)equired – (P)referred High School Diploma (R), Valid Driver's License (R)
The physical environment could sometimes require the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
Pre-employment drug testing is required as a condition of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled