Established plaintiff’s litigation firm in Downtown Brooklyn is seeking a Russian Legal Assistant for their Personal Injury practice. Experience in Worker’s Compensation or Personal Injury preferred, but not required. Skilled in Microsoft Word and Outlook. Must have high energy with great verbal and written communication skills and be able to work independently.
Responsibilities will include:
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Be responsible for all aspects IMEs scheduling, attendance, etc.
- Call carriers and IME providers to confirm and adjourn IMEs and request interpreters
- Confirm clients’ attendance in advance
- Manage Case Load
- Be responsible in managing a case load
- Opening claims for motor vehicle accidents (BI and NF)
- Communicate with insurance companies regarding the claims
- Drafting letters of representation and mailing them to potential defendants
- Follow up with medical offices regarding clients’ treatment
- Follow up periodically with clients
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 /year