PYXERA Global seeks a highly motivated candidate to work 20-40 hours per week as an intern at our office in Washington, DC. The Program Intern will work with PYXERA Global’s Enterprise and Community Development (ECD) Division, which collaborates with diverse partners to build resilient and entrepreneurial ecosystems through community driven solutions.
The Program Intern will provide support key initiatives for multiple community development programs, including climate-smart agriculture, human capital development, gender inclusion, and program sustainability in South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. This is an excellent opportunity for those who wish to apply their development experience relevant and agile program models – as well as gain exposure to working with private sector partners to drive positive socio-economic impact.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced office environment and is detail-oriented and is able to prioritize and multi-task. The candidate is able to both collaboratively and independently lead research activities, has strong written communication skills, and has strong quantitative reasoning, data management (Excel), and/or data visualization skills.
The internship is paid. Candidates who are able to continue through Spring 2020 is desired.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Intern will be responsible for supporting the implementation of PYXERA Global’s programs with oversight from Program Coordinators. Key responsibilities and level of effort include:
Research and Analysis – 50%
- Conduct desk-based research, including literature review and secondary data mining, to support concept design and delivery of key initiatives
- Conduct advanced data analysis in Excel, monitor and help enhance database management efforts, compile and verify historical program data
- Create visuals with Excel and other data visualization platforms
Reporting and Communications – 20%
- Conduct relevant contextual research for reports and communications materials, as related to key initiatives
- Edit program reports, as needed
- Liaise with implementation and DC office teams to develop case studies
Business Development – 20%
- Conduct research for proposal development, both technical and financial, as needed
- Assist with proposal review and delivery
- Support overall business development processes
Miscellaneous – 10%
- Prepare and process relevant procurement documents including selection memos, contracts, modifications, and purchase orders
- Perform other tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Pursuing or holds a Bachelor’s degree, or pursuing a Master’s degree in international relations, international development, economic development, business, or related field
- Six months to two years of professional experience, international development experience preferred
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team, especially cross-cultural, to meet program needs
- Demonstrated experience conducting desk research, including literature review, secondary data mining and qualitative data analysis
- Monitoring and evaluation, data management, and/or quantitative data analysis skills
- Experience with ArcGIS, InDesign, PowerBI, CommCare, DHIS-2, and/or other data collection and/or visualization platforms preferred
- Ability to manage diverse activities, prioritize to meet deadlines, and exercise flexibility in changing situations or priorities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge in a foreign language, preferably Hindi, Hausa, French, or Spanish a plus
Please email a resume, cover letter, your earliest possible start date, and a sample of your writing (no more than 3 pages) to [email protected] by January 10, 2020. In the subject line of the email please write “PYXERA Global ECD Program Intern Position 2020”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.