TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world’s energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
Reports to the Business Transformation and Field Performance Execution Manager, in the Subsea NAM Organizational Unit located in Houston, TX.
- Leads the strategy development of integrating field performance products into the service visualization tool.
- Provide the operator’s perspective and recommendations on ongoing field performance projects for production optimization, life extensions etc.
- Manage interfaces within the local and global TechnipFMC field performance teams ensuring feedback and alignment to global strategy and vision.
- Support the local field performance team with analysis, modeling, report generation, and in developing commissioning and operational recommendations internally and to clients.
- Engages with the global field advisor network to share best practices, lessons learned etc
- Expected to be able function as a technical team leader without direct supervision, if needed.
- Provides oversight to definition of specific work scopes, objectives, and guidelines according to customer requirements
- Ensures team’s understanding of, and ongoing alignment to, project priorities and of customer requirements
- Advanced analytical and problem solving capability and is able to tie internal objectives to client success
- Gathers and distills input on issues and recommended solutions to business problems uncovered during course of performing assignments
- Presents and reports on field performance and digital products, services, and systems to diverse audiences
- Resource time management, and be able to establish deadlines and manage priorities.
- Able to conduct both independent and team-based research and analytical thinking with firm and consistent accuracy and attention to detail
- Functions as process owner, and actively recommends improvements both at the local and global levels.
- BS in Chemical or Petroleum Engineering with 10 years of applicable experience, or MS degree in applicable fields (Chemical / Petroleum Eng. and/or Data Sciences preferred) with 8+ years of applicable experience
- Experience working with development of client-facing strategies and systems considered a plus
- Full understanding of flow assurance and field performance (including asset monitoring, leak detection, and other surveillance systems) theory and working knowledge of applications with the ability to train others in the application of such.
- Exposure to, and understanding of, Subsea Production System products, controls, and industry specialties.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, and basic prevention skills.
- Solid understanding of flow assurance software (i.e. PIPESIM, OLGA, PVTSim, HYSYS, wax modeling, hydrate modeling, etc.) or equivalent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Versatile communication skills (i.e., ability to effectively convey a message to audiences with varying areas of expertise and focus, and identify and communicate what is important to each)
- Skilled in the English language , and possess strong written and verbal communication skills in such
- Ability to lead from a technical perspective in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and coaching, and respond appropriately.
- Proficiency in communicating ideas and concepts, and the ability to persuade and influence others, as needed.
- Able to present data and facts in a clear and concise manner to internal and external leadership up to and including executive levels.
- Presentation skills a must including preparation and delivery of presentations.
- Understanding and communication within diverse cultural environments is critical.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Spend 80-90% time in an office environment and/or 10-20% in shop or field environment supporting topsides and controls product installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and Life of Field support. Potential for occasional offsite or International travel. May be exposed to possible hazards including noise, outdoor temperature extremes, chemicals, electrical and hydraulic pressure testing, heavy lift operations and shop/field traffic.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Office environment requires sitting, operating a computer, walking and some lifting. Hands-on labor in shop and/or field environment, which requires lifting, walking, stooping, bending, and some climbing.
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
“As an equal opportunity employer TechnipFMC considers only qualified applicants without regard to color, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin, veteran or marital status.”