Virginia Tech’s Department of Computer Science seeks outstanding candidates for the position of Strategic Partnership Coordinator. The position will work closely with the Associate Department Head for Research and Engagement to lead, steward, strategize, and execute Computer Science strategic partnership activities while managing a portfolio of over 90 companies including Amazon, block.one, Facebook, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and Qualcomm. Computer Science priorities are aligned with the Virginia Tech College of Engineering and Virginia Tech LINK: Center for Advancing Industry Partnerships with primary focus on strategic corporate partnerships in support of students, faculty, department centers, and new initiatives.
The Department of Computer Science at Virginia Tech was founded in 1970, has 53 teaching faculty, including 47 tenured or tenure-track faculty, over 1000 students and more than 6000 alumni. The department is in the College of Engineering, whose undergraduate program ranks 13th and graduate program ranks 30th among U.S. engineering schools (U.S. News and World Report). Virginia Tech’s main campus is located in Blacksburg, VA, in a region that is consistently ranked among the country’s best places to live.
Strong candidates will:
- Candidates must: hold a Bachelor’s Degree with experience in corporate engagement or relations activities, or an advanced degree in a related field;
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking, all forms of correspondence, and writing.
- Have an appreciation for new technologies and their role in society;
- Be a strategic thinker with an ability to nurture and develop long-term strategic partnerships with companies and other organizations;
- Candidates must also be willing and able to travel periodically.
have outstanding interpersonal skills, high energy, and the ability to connect with broad, diverse audiences (faculty, students, corporations, alumni, administrators, etc.); be independent, self-motivated team players that value the contributions of others toward shared strategic goals; be dedicated to encouraging, supporting, and crediting teammates; be committed to honest, respectful, direct communications with all coworkers from peers to leadership and subordinates; be flexible and exhibit excellent organization and time management skills while maintaining quality and attention to detail; and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Preferred candidates will have broad experience and/or a master’s or doctorate degree, or degrees combining business and engineering/science;
- Advanced knowledge of computing technologies (e.g., blockchain);
- Management or supervisor experience;
- Expertise in university-corporate collaborations preferably at a leading research university;
- Experience in advancement or business development;
- Experience in customer service, national or international event planning, marketing or sales;
- A strong understanding of program management methodologies;
- Familiarity with communication software (WordPress, constant contact, SalesForce (CRM), etc.).
Must have a conviction check: Yes Describe Other: Employment Comments: How to Apply for this Job:
To evaluate the requirements and apply, candidates may review posting AP0180366 in its entirety at www.jobs.vt.edu. Review of applications will begin November 26, 2018. Applicants MUST apply on-line to be considered. If you have any questions please contact our Service Center @ 540-231-9331 or email email@example.com.
Administrative and Professional Faculty Appointment Type: Restricted If restricted or temporary, enter end date: FLSA Status: Exempt: Not eligible for overtime Tenure Status: Non-Tenure Track Academic Year or Calendar Year: Calendar Year Percent Employment: Full-time If part time, enter Percent Time: Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience Location: Blacksburg Department: Computer Science Location, if not Blacksburg: Location Zip Code: 24061 Work Schedule: M-F, 8-5; Other Job Posting Date: 11/13/2018 Review Begin Date: 11/26/2018 Job Close Date: Restricted to university employees only? No Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.