Crossroads Health has been providing a continuum of quality life-changing behavioral health services to children, adolescents, young adults, adults and families, including specialized treatment for chemically dependent adolescents. As a leader in the behavioral health field, we offer a vast array of programs and services that evaluate, educate, strengthen and support thousands of children, adults and their families each year.
We seek a passionate, articulate and charismatic individual for our Community Based Family Counselor position. This community-based position provides community and home-based trauma informed clinical services including individual, group and family counseling, social work, assessments, crisis intervention, skill building and advocacy for families living in Lake County. The Community Based Family Provider will work both individually as well as part of a team.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide home-based services and assessments, including case management, crisis intervention, skill building, advocacy and linkage to resources.
- Provide Trauma Informed Practices to aid in individual and family healing.
- Serve high-risk families, including those whose children are at substantial risk of placement or who are in placement and require in-home services for reunification.
- Provide services primarily in consumer homes. Travel to consumer homes and other locations.
- Schedule sessions at times that are convenient for families, and when problems are likely to occur. Maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Coordinate care with other social services providers and systems including juvenile court, school, probation, Job and Family Services.
- Comfort working individually and in a team.
Position requirements include:
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Nursing required
- LPC/LSW, LISW/LPCC or RN required
- Comfort and knowledge working with children, adults and families in community/home based settings.
- Previous experience in the mental health field with knowledge of child development, behavior management, skill development and parenting/discipline skills, and clinical issues is preferred.
- Full Time position, flexible hours, 2-4 evenings a week required.
- Some weekend on-call for phone support required with a liberal stipend.
- Must have an acceptable driving record (4 pts. or less), reliable transportation, and carry automobile insurance with minimum liability limits of $100,000/$300,000 and property damage of $50,000.
Use this link to apply: https://grnh.se/ec92d0932
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant in-home family counseling: 2 years (Preferred)
- behavioral mental health: 2 years (Preferred)
- Are you able to work 2-4 evenings weekly as necessary?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply