EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and Security +
*Experience 10+ years in a network support role
*Citizenship Requirement US Citizen
*Clearance Required Secret
LocationRock Island, IL
The Senior Network Engineer works within a cohesive team environment and supports a large Government client with multiple locations. Senior Network Engineeris responsible for maintaining industry and government IT compliance standards via scheduled deployments, patching managing and maintaining, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network routers, switches and encryption devices in Windows Active Directory environment. This position focuses on ensuring production systems are secure, tuned for optimum performance, delivering required information to end-users, and interacting properly with Wide Area networks (WANs). Maximize network environment monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with System Integration network architects.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to perform rapid “brake-fix” actions to minimize downtime for the workforce.
- Acts a mentor to junior engineers, providing assistance, guidance and training as required
The desired candidate should have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Security + CompTIA Cert (or will have the ability to get before start date).
- Cisco CCNP Certification
- Strong knowledge of networking, including: TCP/IP, Vlans, Ethernet, switching, routing and routing protocols (BGP/OSPF), Subnetting, VPN, L2TP, GRE, VRF
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Products, including: Nexus switches, ASR routers, and ASA Firewalls
- Experience with Cisco Prime and Cisco ACS servers
- Experience with Aruba Wireless a plus
- At least 10+ years in a network support role.
- Must possess and maintain an IT I level certification IAW AR 25-2 and an IAT II certifications IAW DoD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002
- Secret Clearance
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
- Must complete and be able to pass a Background Check.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cisco: 5 years (Required)
- Network Management: 5 years (Required)
- Network Administration: 10 years (Required)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) (Preferred)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (Required)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative