Systems Administrator (Applications and Tools)
AINS has an immediate opening for an Applications and Tools Systems Administrator in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will possess mid-level skills and have an active Secret clearance or be eligible for clearance. This position provides a variety of deployment and operational support for a portfolio of web applications, monitors security and operations, and assists in the support of a suite of development tools. This is a great opportunity for a clever and inquisitive professional to learn a variety of IT Tools.
- Installation and updating of software platforms and development tools
- Deployment, monitoring, and support of web applications running under JBoss EAP, Tomcat and IIS
- Monitor operational availability of production applications by utilizing and implementing automated failure alerts
- Detecting and correcting operational issues
- Planning for and testing new versions of supported platforms
- Tracking down problems relating to issues in the computing environment, such as network or security problems.
- Developing scripts to automate, when possible, frequently performed tasks
- Handling support requests from other developers and support teams
- Collecting metrics and reporting on systems usage
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures, Installation Documentation, and other administrative documents
- Conduct capacity and performance planning
- Develop automated deployment and upgrade procedures/scripts
- Perform deployment activities across many servers
- Conduct platform testing for deployment and planned changes to the operation environment
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Windows 2012+ and/or Linux servers including knowledge of the server resource management (CPU, Memory, etc.)
- Creating, monitoring and deploying automated tasks
- Configuring services, user accounts, permissions
- Application server deployment, administration on Windows and/or Linux
- Basic knowledge on Virtualized or Cloud server environments
- Basic experience with SQL and RDBMs, such as Oracle
- Experience supporting and deploying web applications,
- Experience with various utility scripting tools
- Basic knowledge of networking
- Knowledge of Active Directory structures
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
Experience with any of these Software Platforms is a Plus
· The following platforms may be supported by this position, so experience with any of these platforms/technologies is a plus.
- Microsoft IIS
- JBoss EAP On Linux
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and services such as EC2, ELB, Lambda or Beanstalk
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
- Ansible or similar DEVOPS tools
- Security operations and monitoring using tools such as Tenable, Cenzic and Splunk
- Monthly/Quarterly SLA Reporting
- Monitoring tools such as Opnet, Solarwinds, Tivoli or ScienceLogic
- Identity Management Software such as PingFederate, ADFS or Okta
- PRISM Procurement System
- Documentum Document/Content Management System
- Drupal Content Management System
· US citizenship with an active Secret Security Clearance
· B. S. in Computer Science or related degree preferred
About AINS, Inc.
Digital transformation is reinventing businesses of every size and industry. Demand for rapid app development has never been higher.
At AINS, we are shaping the future of work with big ideas that challenge conventional thinking and a new approach to solving complex business challenges. Through our low code, adaptive case management software, we enable organizations to bring new solutions to market quickly, digitize customer engagement and automate unique business processes across diverse lines of business.
If you are a talented, entrepreneurial candidate with an interest in driving growth, then we want to talk with you.
AINS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software platforms and development tools: 5 years (Preferred)
- System Administration: 5 years (Preferred)
- Windows: 5 years (Preferred)
- Linux: 5 years (Preferred)
- Washington, DC (Required)
Security Clearance Required: