Calling all teachers with HEARTS as big as the sun and PASSION as strong as a hurricane. Does this sound like you?! Magic Memories is one of the COOLEST schools to work for with the most ADORABLE kids in town. Our core values are Safety, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Love of Learning and Flexibility. We have a tight-knit team of early childhood professionals, and we want to hire YOU to join our team, if you are inspired by Excellence! We are seeking Infant and Toddler Teachers. Are you ready to join no just a job, but a FAMILY?!
Check out this awesome video to find out WHY: https://youtu.be/cJVA7yRBYnA
What our teachers are saying: "After working for Magic Memories over the last couple months, I want to share how much I value, respect, and very much enjoy every part of my career here. When I arrive in the morning I get an immediate sense of eagerness and adventure. When I see my Director and Assistant Director I feel respected and appreciated. They are always willing to answer any questions I may have and provide me with all materials to have a successful day. Upon seeing my students, I feel so much love!! I feel so blessed to be employed at Magic Memories and I am excited to keep growing in the MM family!"
- The Desire to Make a Difference in the lives of others!
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with children.
- Minimum Education of a CDA certificate
- A Professional, Positive Attitude!
Job Description - Lead Teacher Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the welfare, health and safety of the children in the group. To offer a program that meets the emotional, physical, intellectual and social needs of both the individual and the group. Treat each child with dignity and respect but with open affection. Prepare a warm, safe and affectionate environment that is orderly, clean and appealing and permits the child to grow and to explore.
- Maintain daily classroom responsibilities, activities, organization, cleanliness and layout adhering to policies and procedures. All classroom postings, bulletin boards, displays, and calendars should be neatly displayed and kept current. Classroom displays and postings should include, but not be limited to, state/program regulated postings, recent projects/artwork, and school event/activity/closure notices.
- Plan weekly lesson plans based on a curriculum outline and themes. Ensure that all state standards and objectives are are included on lesson plans. Interact with the children to encourage their involvement in group activities. This includes, but is not limited to, areas of development such as: social/emotional, cognitive, fine motor and gross motor (the whole child approach). Maintain a collaborative relationship with and encourage input from all co-workers.
- Establish and maintain good communication with parents through formal and informal conversations. This should include, but not be limited to, daily Kangarootime, email, phone conversations and conferences. The Teacher should keep the Director updated on necessary information gained through parent communications.
- Complete observations for each student monthly (2 observations for each student per month). Complete assessments using the Teaching Strategies Progress Reports and supplemental paragraphs (Due October, February, and May). Updated observations and assessments should be shared with parents and signed on the October, February and May due dates and then filed in the classroom child portfolio file.
- Maintain order in all areas where children are present. Ensure the classroom is in compliance with the Department of Human Services and other state regulatory agencies rules and regulations. This includes that the classroom is always in ratio. The staff person is responsible for supervising their primary care group, being knowledgeable of the group as a whole and assigning primary caregivers as needed.
- Use appropriate and positive discipline. The Teacher should implement and model the school wide behavior of positive reinforcement and redirection.
- Observe, record and report significant individual and group behavior using the behavior report forms. Forms should be signed by parents and then filed in classroom child portfolio file. The Teacher should inform the Director and/or Assistant Director as needed and assist with communicating to parents when necessary.
- Attend monthly staff meeting. Attend monthly one-on-one meetings with the Director.
- Prepare supplies and materials needed to carry out lesson plans and activities prior to each day. To advise the director of the need for supplies, materials, and new equipment as needed.
- To be responsible for all the mealtime activities of the group. To teach manners, cleanliness and appropriate table behavior through modeling and interacting with the children during mealtimes. The Teacher should also adhere to all food allergy/sensitivities needs, serving procedures and cleaning responsibilities before and after mealtimes.
- Ensure that all toileting, diapering and handwashing procedures are followed thoroughly as outlined by all state regulatory agencies. Supervise bathroom use in and out of the classroom to ensure that all children are following bathroom rules and hand washing procedures. Change diapers as needed and provide appropriate toilet training to the children who are developmentally ready.
- Be familiar with and properly utilize all required forms including, but not limited to, attendance logs, incident reports, illness forms, behavior forms, medication logs, monthly classroom checklists, closing checklists, and permission slips.
- Supervise the teacher assistant, floaters and afternoon staff as needed. Keep these co-workers updated in all applicable matters concerning the children and program.
- Attend all mandatory school related events and activities. This includes choosing three additional school and/or community events in which Magic Memories participates in.
- Stay current on necessary personnel file items, trainings, and certifications and be sure to understand program procedures regarding these areas. Be competent in First Aid/CPR, Water Safety and Fire Safety procedures and regulations.
- Be knowledgeable and assist with training for programs systems including but not limited to Kangarootime, Teaching Strategies, CRM, ADP, Emails, and Google Drive.
- Be knowledgeable and implement the indoor and outdoor health and safety regulations of the Department of Human Services and quality assurance programs.
- Be knowledgeable with laws, state child regulations, and local regulatory agencies. Ensure compliance and continue good standing with the Department of Human Services, Chester County Health Department and other regulatory agencies. Achieve and maintain the necessary requirements to comply with Keystone STARS, NAEYC and other quality assurance programs.
- Implement and be an example of the culture, mission, vision and core values of the program.
- If necessary, in the absence of the Director, assume the responsibilities of the Director as outlined by the Director, VP of Operations and the President.
- Any other activities deemed necessary by the President, VP of Operations and/or the Director.
We have 3 locations - Phoenixville * Royersford * Chester Springs
*Equal Opportunity Employer*
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- working with children: 2 years (Preferred)