Performs complex clerical and bookkeeping functions to ensure accurate daily payroll processing and related data entry. Provides professional, effective and efficient customer service to the Clerk of the Circuit Court, Property Appraiser, Tax Collector, Supervisor of Elections, County business centers and the general public. Additional duties may be assigned as they relate to the Mission of the Clerk of Circuit Court’s organization.
A high school diploma or GED equivalent
Three years progressively responsible experience in computerized payroll environment including interpreting and applying IRS regulations, FLSA Wage and Hour regulations, Department of Revenue Child Support laws, Statutes, policies and procedures
1. Prepares and distributes payroll checks for approximately 3,000 employees of the County. These include employees of the Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller, the Property Appraiser, the Tax Collector, the Supervisor of Elections, and the Board of County Commissioners.
2. Maintains individual employee payroll records.
3. Prepares requests for payment to appropriate vendors for payroll contribution and deduction register distribution. These may include payees for health and dental including COBRA and retirees, life insurance, garnishments, savings bonds, and other payments for state and city retirement.
4. Performs administrative functions related to departmental objectives and automated systems.
5. Adheres to and follows the principles of the Clerk of the Circuit Court.
Sarasota Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $43,921.00 - $55,162.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sarasota, FL 34237: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Payroll: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person