The Community Manager will ensure GSK has the most leading and innovative technology solutions across its Digital, Data and Analytics platforms, we need an exceptionally talented Community Engagement Manager to help us find the best talent in the world to support our objectives. This is a critical role for the Platforms organization as it will serve as the primary mechanism for establishing strong alliances to support a high-caliber talent pipeline in a highly competitive market.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative leader who will enable this growth through development of strategic community partnerships and grass-roots recruitment techniques to generate a high level of community awareness, interest, and engagement with GSK tech platform opportunities. Key to this mission is strategic, large-scale project management initiatives that will allow us to scale our organization for the future in a dramatic way. This role is both a strategic and hands-on leadership role by initially functioning as a business development manager focused on creating community partnerships to drive candidate flow and community awareness.
The Community Engagement Manager plans, directs, and leads all phases of successful operation for community awareness/engagement and grass roots recruitment efforts. The Manager also identifies and develops staff members so that multiple community events can be attended and represented by the best possible team member for each occasion.
- Create and drive innovative and scalable community partnerships that drive community awareness and foster applicant growth in the area.
- Develop and drive critical people initiatives, large projects, and providing great internal stakeholder and candidate customer support.
- Drive network HR and Recruiting functional process excellence to address both selection and recruitment challenges.
- Ownership of large scale recruitment events such as job fairs, direct hire events (hackathons, tech talks at top tier tech campuses) and other community events
- Report and follow up on metrics for all community recruiting activities
- Serve as a critical mentor and influencer of a cross functional group of platforms leadership team and HR team.
- Identify and develop team members to be community engagement specialists that represent GSK community events with the highest-level shine.
- Delivery of excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to travel locally and internationally to promote GSK tech platforms recruitment efforts (50 -75%) of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Science or Computer Science, Arts or related field
- 5+ years of sales or business development experience, community managing experience
- Experience facilitating business change
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills on a multi-country basis
- Ability to work independently with Tech senior management
- Post Graduate degree, MBA or equivalent
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.