Business Insider is hiring a paid editorial fellow to write articles and visual features about the lifestyles of the super-successful.
The Insider Fellowship Program is for early career journalists who want to spend six months learning from a newsroom full of passionate, dedicated journalists. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to our audience of millions, and by the end of six months are prepared for the next phase of their journalism careers. For more information on the Insider Fellowship Program, see here.
Fellows on our executive life team write about topics ranging from luxe hotel rooms and yacht shows to lavish accessories and penthouse apartments, all in the unique Business Insider style. We're looking for someone who wants to take a deep dive into the life of billionaires — those well-known and those who fly under the radar — by writing career and lifestyle profiles of them and their families. They'll spend their time doing meaningful work: researching, writing, pitching and producing features — even breaking news if the timing is right. They have the opportunity to contribute to stories about things like real estate tours, destination round-ups, interviews with industry experts, and hits on the ways people spend money when money is no object.
All our editorial fellows should have:
- Experience reporting and writing (school publications are great)
- A passion for digital storytelling and voracious reading habits
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
- Light HTML and/or Photoshop experience
- Proofreading and copyediting skills
Additionally, for the executive life team, we’re looking for someone who:
- Is endlessly curious about how people spend their money
- Is passionate about telling stories with visuals: readers don’t just want to know about luxury lifestyle, they want to see photos of it
- Has an extensive knowledge of luxury brands, blogs, and influencers
This is an hourly paid fellowship based out of our New York office. Fellows are encouraged to work 40 hours a week, and fellowships run for six months. Start date for this position will be as soon as possible.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play and live better.
APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our executive life fellow. Please include links to relevant clips if you have them.