The Technical Analytics Director will play a key role in ensuring work of the highest quality is delivered to our clients, providing advanced technical solutions to complex business requirements.
An important part of the role will be to help setting up standards and processes across the different regional teams, design complex analytics solutions, sign off technical scopes, and upskill team members while keeping a close eye on the quality of the delivery across key projects.
You will also play a key part in pitching and creating proposals, delivering client projects to an excellent standard and advance our business proposition to continue staying ahead of the curve.
You will be involved in creating promotional and marketing activity (blogs, thought-leadership pieces, web-content, etc.) and where necessary, support the delivery of analytics training courses on related analytics services (Google Analytics, Google Cloud Platform, 360 Suite, GTM predominantly, but also other analytics subject may be required)
- Define and oversee technical strategy for key Analytics accounts and hands on execution of most complex tracking implementations across web and apps
- Ensure the methods, techniques and services offered by Jellyfish are continuously improving and keeping pace with industry advancements
- Expand Jellyfish Analytics’ current proposition with Google Cloud Platform
- Oversee technical scopes and practices across projects, suggesting alternative technical solutions to increase quality, efficiency and profitability
- Provide technical support and mentorship for other members of the team.
- Help shape our technology stack, managing relationships with vendors and partners and training up the relevant team members
- Enforce standard policies and procedures, with a particular focus around QA and documentation
- Spot and troubleshoot technical issues regarding analytics implementations
- Define analytics / optimization roadmaps, set clear KPIs and successfully manage implementation
- Mentor and support junior members of the analytics team
- Review current processes and identifying areas of improvement
- Work collaboratively with all teams to ensure resources are effectively shared and overall Analytics & Optimisation team utilization & revenue targets are met
- Ensure client satisfaction and optimal NPS scores for Analytics clients
- Use data to spot opportunities for the business to cross-sell other services (especially those running off the Google stack), including conversion optimization, attribution, etc.
- Create and present tailored pitches to win additional analytics contracts
- Assist business development in creating and maintaining contracts and agreements
- Through the delivery of great service, retain existing clients and generate increased revenue year-on-year
- Deliver all projects (including those of team) on time and on budget, and is able to keep track of project progress, raise alarm, etc. when either may not be achieved
- Assist with the recruitment of staff to facilitate departmental growth
- Keep accurate logging of time to ensure clients are billed consistently
- Provide input into relevant product offering so it’s kept up-to-date and reflects our position as a market leading analytics provider
- 5+ years’ experience within the digital marketing industry, preferably agency-side.
- BS Degree or higher degree in Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Highly experienced working with analytics solutions, ranging from auditing, implementations, data analysis & insights, presenting to large audiences and training.
- Strong experience with Google Analytics 360 and GTM, both web and apps, is a must.
- Has a fluent understanding of Google Analytics 360 Suite, the key benefits and how to leverage the Google stack to the greatest advantage of clients.
- Has expert knowledge of the Google integrations with products including (but not limited to) Doubleclick & Big Query.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud platform technology (GCP, AWS, Azure etc) preferred.
- Data management experience including traditional ETL knowledge, data quality, data governance etc.
- Demonstrate outstanding capabilities in data manipulation, cleansing, interrogation, and interpretation.
- Working knowledge of data visualisation products, including Data Studio.
- Understanding of Display, PPC and SEO marketing channels
- Experience managing a team.
- Deliver projects to tight timescales.
- Results focused, with good communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Can clearly communicate processes, strategies and general requirements to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify business questions, analyse data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Experience with Adobe, Tealium ,Qubit OpenTag, Ensighten and Google Analytics for Firebase is a plus