- Assembly of per order fresh sandwiches and salads
- Maintain and properly back up your work station. Ie: practice F.I.F.O (First In First Out), dating and labeling your stations mis en place
- Maintain a clean and well organized work station both during service and at the end of shift
- Assist in daily prep of ingredients prepared in house for menu items. Ie: marinate & cook meats, make spreads & vinaigrettes, and knife work
- Assist in packaging and labeling of soups, salads, sandwiches, etc.
- Assist in preparing both in house and P/U catering orders
- Assist Executive Chef with ordering, scheduling, and managing catering orders
- Manage food runners/servers and communicate daily specials, menu changes, food allergens to them.
Important Skills for This Position:
- Ideal applicant would have 3+ years experience in a position in the culinary industry
- Ideal applicant would have 1+ years in management position in the culinary industry.
- Familiarity with using kitchen equipment such as a grill, deep fryer, slicer, etc.
- Ability to work efficiently based on priorities, willingness to take direction, initiative, and constructive criticism
- Proactive, honest and constructive communication about work-related information
- Ability to self-motivate and follow a list- ability to work independently and follow detailed work instructions
- Poses organization skills to coordinate daily responsibilities and communicate clearly with team members
- Work well as part of a team
- Ability to stand for 8-10 hours and climb stairs multiple times per shift
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast paced and, occasionally, stressful environment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Reliability and punctuality
- Enjoy working
- Cleans up their work space when the task is completed
- Take pride in their work
- Sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Reliable transportation to work
- Dedication to assigned work shifts, balancing outside personal matters with work
This position has a 35-40 hour work week, at least one weekend day availability is required. You will be working with a team of 5-7 employees and directly with the Executive Chef. Compensation starts at $16/hour and is determined based on experience. All employees get a 20% discount on all items we sell and vegetables we grow are free if they are in good supply and you pick it on your own time. Depending on experience, employees that perform well will be rewarded in the first couple months. All new employees will be hired on a two-week trial basis. Good workers will find themselves in good company.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We have struck rules in place regarding sanitizing work areas and any high touch areas, as well as regulations on face coverings for staff and customers. We comply with all local board of health and state regulations in response to COVID-19.
- Cooking: 3 years (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Crew management: 1 year (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place