Abbott-Action Inc, a leader in the corrugated, protective foam and wood crating industry is seeking a highly qualified, reliable and skilled 2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic to work in our Attleboro, MA facility. The work hours for this position are Monday through Friday 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm.
Responsible for Performing Preventive Maintenance and troubleshooting on all converting and corrugating equipment to minimize downtime. Maintaining facilities operating systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical and devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides Mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Willingly work all necessary hours and shifts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years’ industrial maintenance
- understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanics
- Basic understanding of electrical systems
- Comfortable with computers
- Capable of operating hand, power and specialized tools
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Team player and willing to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Advanced technical or college training preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a Valid Driver’s license.
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License and/or other appropriate certification to work in certain areas or on certain equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Mechanic: 3 years (Preferred)
- Corrugated Packaging: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts