A TGI Fridays Busser ensures guests are seated at a clean and properly set table within the shortest amount of time possible. Bussers maintain cleanliness of the restroom, perimeter of the building and parking lot. They also work with Servers and Host/Hostesses to ensure guests receive excellent service.
Specific responsibilities of the Busser include:
- Promptly cleans and resets tables after each guest's departure.
- Offers assistance to guests by clearing away dishes and glassware, and refills beverages.
- Prepares coffee and iced tea to help team members serve guests.
- Assists with Guest needs as they arise, including but not limited to the below mentioned cleaning expectations:
- Checks cleanliness of the busstand from previous shift and notifies Manager of any problems. Sets up the busstand, restocks and prepares busstand for shift change and/or close.
- Checks high chairs and booster seats for cleanliness when resetting tables.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift, including taking out trash as needed.
A TGI Fridays Busser must be able to read menu items as well as clearly communicate guest needs to other Team Members (Servers, Door Person, Bartender, and Manager)
Additional specific requirements for the Busser include:
- Must be able to read menu items
- Must be able to clearly communicate guest needs to other Team Members (Servers, Door Person, Bartender or Manager)
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise in order to answer telephone and respond to guest requests
- Must be able to lift and carry sacks, cases, and bus tubs of up to 70 lbs, up to 20 times per shift; places these items on high shelves and in walk-in freezer
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe frequently
- Must be able to stand and walk during entire shift